Senior Manager - Fleet Safety and Law Enforcement Interaction
Tusimple was founded in 2015 with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and AI, Tusimple is working to create the first commercially viable autonomous truck driving platform with L4 (SAE) levels of safety.
- Lead all aspects of TuSimple’s Fleet Vehicle Operational Safety and Compliance System as it relates to operations both manual and driver out Level 4 deployment. Take responsibility for administering the system and ensuring continuous improvement of the FVOSCS content in the areas of safety policy, safety risk management, safety assurance and safety promotion.
- Serve as the subject matter expert and represent the company to external stakeholders including regulatory officials in all matters related to TuSimple FVOSCS. Maintain knowledge of and be the content expert for emerging regulations and industry practices in transportation safety management systems
- Establish working relationships at all levels of the organization providing guidance, training and support to all divisions/departments on FVOSCS matters. Maintain oversight for FVOSCS findings and suggestions for improvement. Track status of corrective actions and verify effectiveness. Manage, coordinate and conduct FVOSCS training and ensure compliance with all relevant requirements
- Proactively monitor and communicate FVOSCS performance. Conduct formal periodic reviews of the FVOSCS, develop metrics and present data in periodic safety meetings as well as proactively to the organization based on trends and areas for improvement within the FVOSCS
- Develop, implement and maintain the FVOSCS audit program and lead and/or coordinate internal and external FVOSCS audits as required by company programs and/or regulations
- Develop and maintain the governance for the FVOSCS program including document control, workflows and system functionality along with Legal and other internal stakeholders
- Develop, implement and train law enforcement on interaction protocol of an autonomous vehicle as outlined in to Arizona Executive order 2018-4 (see link below) https://azgovernor.gov/sites/default/files/related-docs/eo2018-04_1.pdf
- Oversee the implementation and administration of the TuSimple Drive out vehicle path. Manage and control FVOSCS content to maintain simplified language and a user friendly experience.
- 5+ years active Law Enforcement / DOT experience
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in Managing an operational SMS program company-wide in a transportation sector (aviation, maritime, trucking etc)
- Experience training personnel
- Experience managing safety and/or operational personnel
- Bachelor's degree in Safety, Transportation or related fields
- Project management experience
- Experience managing and/or operating under an SMS in the transportation sector
- Statistics and data analysis experience
- Knowledgeable in the compliance requirements of the pertinent codes, regulations and standards. Experience with DOT, FMVSS, NHTSA
- Excellent communication, organizational, time-management and multitasking skills.
- Experience and familiarity with the development and implementation of various safety programs
- Work with world class AI Engineers
- Shape the landscape of autonomous driving
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Full Kitchen with unlimited snacks and fruits
- Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance plan
- Company 401(K) program
- Company paid life insurance
Tusimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.