Application Engineer - Autonomous Driving
Tusimple was founded in 2015 with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and AI, Tusimple is working to create the first commercially viable autonomous truck driving platform with L4 (SAE) levels of safety.
The Autonomous Driving Application Engineer will be a key member of our vehicle and system infrastructure team. You will be a liason between our systems operation and engineering teams. You will help to deploy and maintain applications related to autonomous systems related to ROS, data offloading, perception and other autonomous systems.
- Engage in whole lifecycle of services (such as ROS, Data Offload, etc) from design, deployment, through operation and refinement
- Understand, deploy and provide technical support for infrastructure systems
- Conduct root cause analysis and ensure overall system health is measured and monitored
- Monitor and application systems of autonomous vehicle fleet regarding reliability, performance, efficiency, and scalability
- Collaborate with multiple teams, such as infrastructure, integration, sensor, vehicle control and algorithm
- Responsible for identifying and mitigating real and potential system problems and issues
- Diagnose software system, and hardware failures that impact deployment
- Share on-call for services and lead incident response and no-blame postmortem analysis and review
- M.S. or B.S. in Computer Engineering and/or Computer Science
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work across technical teams
- Experience with root cause analysis of a system or program
- Experience with deploying, maintaining, monitoring, and logging network devices
- Fundamental knowledge of TCP/IP stack, application protocols, (DHCP/DNS/HTTPs)
- and networking concepts
- Experience in the Linux environment and an understanding of the fundamentals, such as filesystems and memory management, processes and threads, etc.
- Comfortable with using git and Github for source control
- Strong unit testing and debugging skills
- Availability to rotate on call shifts
- A deep feeling of ownership and drive.
- Experience with Docker & Container Orchestration.
- Experience with autonomous driving, such as sensors and integration
- Work with world class AI Engineers
- Shape the landscape of autonomous driving
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Bonus/paid vacations/insurance
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Full Kitchen with unlimited snacks and fruits
- Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance plan
- Company 401(K) program
- Company paid life insurance
Tusimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.