2020 Intern - Senior Engineer
TuSimple was founded in 2015 with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and AI, TuSimple is working to create the first commercially viable autonomous truck driving platform with L4 (SAE) levels of safety
The Sensor Engineering team at TuSimple is responsible for developing,integrating and enabling systems as part of our overall self-driving systems. Our multidisciplinary team interacts with a number of teams across TuSimple and our supply base to create cutting edge products.
- Participate in system architecture definition
- Participate in system development, component selection, schematic design reviews, board layout reviews, signal/power integrity simulation reviews, bring-up, and debug of hardware and software systems integration.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to support the product development, bring-up, debug, and release to production
- Develop functional specs, procedures, and other documentation required for integrating complex computing modules into self-driving systems
- Lead and supervise manufacturing boards
- Lead and supervise systems build, test, and debug
- Support existing production products as required
- Support EMC, functional safety, and worst case circuit analysis tasks
- Interface with our partners, JDM/ODM/OEM, & suppliers
- Current student or recent grad in Electrical Engineering or a related program
- Experience in hardware development, testing & boards release to production.
- Systems experience in robotics, transportation, aerospace, servers, networking/communication, or similar industries
- Experience in defining board circuit specification, designing PCBAs or guiding, selecting components, reviewing signal/power integrity simulations
- Design experience with automotive processors, storage and Ethernet products
- Experience in designing, debugging, and managing high speed designs
- Experience in high available resilient redundant systems development
- Experience in release to production of complex products
- Proficient with schematic capture and layout tools. Altium, Mentor Graphics, Cadence or equivalent
- Proficient with standard interfaces like, S/RGMII, SSD, PCIe, LP/DDR4, USB, I2C and SPI Bus.
- Experience with discrete switching/Linear regulators, and DC-DC converters
- Familiarity with WCCA, DFMEA, MTBF/FIT
- Familiarity with Linux operating systems
- Familiarity with high-speed signal integrity simulation and measurements methodology
- Good debugging skills and problem solving
Nice to Have
- Experience in system architecture definition
- Familiarity with CPLD/FPGA design
- Microcontroller programming skills (C/C++)
- Work with world class AI Engineers
- Shape the landscape of autonomous driving
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Bonus/paid vacations/insurance
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Full Kitchen with unlimited snacks and fruits
- Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance plan
- Company 401(K) program
- Company paid life insurance
Tusimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.