Join TuSimple and help change the way the world moves. Together we're making freight transportation safer, more efficient, and more environmentally friendly.
Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of autonomous Trucks are helping communities receive much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy.
TuSimple was founded half a decade ago with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first global commercially viable Autonomous Freight Network.
Onboard runtime software engineers are critical to this mission by undertaking the responsibility of providing a robust and efficient framework to the intelligent autonomous driving components. This framework is of tremendous importance, as it dictates the overall throughput of the self-driving system, thus highly impacting responsiveness and accuracy.
Example projects we are working on include:
- Developing highly efficient and versatile messaging frameworks to enable low latency communication between autonomous driving function components
- Monitoring, recording and analyzing key metrics to discover and optimize performance bottlenecks
- Researching on cutting edge hardware/software technologies to improve autonomous driving system throughput
- Design, implement and maintain the base frameworks, diagnostic systems and data processing pipelines that scaffold our autonomous driving system
- Continuously monitor, discover and summarizes key performance bottlenecks in our system, propose and productionize novel solutions
- Collaborate with teams globally on various projects
- Help grow the team by actively seeking and identifying outside talents
Required Skills & Experience:
- B.S in Computer Science
- Ability to write product-quality code in C++ and/or Python
- Comfortable and experienced in software development life cycle--coding, debugging, optimization, testing, integration
- Solid understanding of Operating System, Parallel Computing, Distributed System, and hands on experience on one or more of those fields
- 3+ years of building tools to benchmark, evaluate and optimize critical system performance
- Ability to collaborate with others, to communicate effectively and concisely
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Experience working with autonomous vehicles, system related roles.
- Prior industry experience with ROS/ROS2
- Knowledge in ARM-based systems
- Knowledge and experience in parallel programming with Nvidia products
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you and your family
- Work visa sponsorship available
- Relocation assistance available
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner served every day
- Full kitchens on every floor with unlimited snacks, drinks, special treats, fruits, meals, and more
- Stock options / equity
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Monthly team building budget
- Learning/education budget
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short disability
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.