Windows System Engineer
Tusimple was founded in 2015 with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, Tusimple is working to create the first commercially viable autonomous truck driving platform with L4 (SAE) levels of safety.
As a Windows Systems Engineer you will act as an escalation point for operations staff supporting Windows servers, desktops and mobile devices. You will play a major role in the development of a quickly expanding infrastructure. You will be in charge of coordinating cross-functional infrastructure operations initiatives that may include architecture, design, testing and production implementation processes. This position serves as a technical resource to plan and coordinate across the various support and engineering disciplines and subsystems to integrate technical requirements and standards.
- Building and maintaining standardized images for desktop, mobile and server environments
- Patch management and deployment
- Plan, implement, and maintain of Group Policy Objects (GPO)
- Identifying and mitigating real and potential system problems and issues
- MDM implementation and management
- Automate installations and configuration management
- Root cause analysis of a system or program issues
- Provide advanced support for escalated issues
- Ensure all systems are backed up following IT best practices
- Maintain an inventory of assets, systems, and software.
- 3-5 years of experience managing Microsoft Active Directory domain services
- Extensive experience with Windows Server 2016/2019
- Experience building standardized images for desktops and servers
- Deep understanding of IT operations
- Advanced practical experience implementing the principles of least privilege access
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work across technical teams
- Multi Factor Authentication (MFA) integration with enterprise services
- Experience managing Windows networking and AAA operations and functionality including DHCP, DNS, Kerberos, LDAP, Radius
- Familiarity with automated deployment strategies
- Proven experience with task automation and configuration management tools: Powershell, Ansible
- Knowledge working with cloud technologies such as AWS
- Ability to lift 40 lbs
- Experience with administration of Atlassian products, such as Jira/Confluence and workflow creation
- Conceptual understanding of Docker and Kubernetes environments
- Certifications: MCSA, MCSE, Network/Security+, Jamf etc.
- Comfortable with using git and Github for source control
- Experience in Linux environment (Debian preferred)
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Bonus/paid vacations/insurance
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Full Kitchen with unlimited snacks and fruits
- Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance plan
- Company 401(K) program
- Company paid life insurance
Tusimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.