IT Support Engineer
TuSimple was founded in 2015 with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and AI, TuSimple is working to create the first commercially viable autonomous truck driving platform with L4 (SAE) levels of safety
As an IT Support Engineer, you will be the initial technical point of contact for product related IT issues. You’ll offer support to users and troubleshoot any problems that arise working mainly from IT tickets submitted from internal users. Additionally, you will be working on implementation of IT projects for a quickly expanding infrastructure. As new problems are solved and new skills learned you will contribute to the IT knowledge base sharing what you’ve learned with the greater IT team. You will produce step by step how to documents for users on setting up new or existing services.
- Update IT service tickets daily and ensure ticket resolution remains within IT SLA
- Stage, configure, validate hardware strictly following step by step process
- Create and maintain detailed documentation of the IT systems and deployments
- Triage incidents and route information to proper escalation point
- Keep IT knowledge base up to date
- Educate other teams on troubleshooting techniques.
- Experience troubleshooting server hardware and software.
- Hands-on experience Linux. Debian based systems preferred
- Network troubleshooting - (traceroute, DNS, NAT)
- A team player that can control and manage their work proactively
- Willingness and ability to ingest new technologies at blazing speed. Passion for your job is a plus.
- Comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders.
- Well organized with a penchant for documentation
- Customer-oriented attitude
- Ability to lift 40 lbs
Nice to Have
- Linux administrator experience - Debian based systems preferred
- Network administrator experience
- Experience with Atlassian products, such as Jira or Confluence
- Familiarity with CLI only environments
- Familiarity with CI/CD concepts or platforms
- Work with world class AI Engineers
- Shape the landscape of autonomous driving
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Bonus/options/paid vacations/insurance
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Full Kitchen with unlimited snacks and fruits
- Weekly team happy hour
- Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance plan
- Company 401(K) program
Company paid life insurance TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.