Sensor Engineer - Hardware (Full-Time/Internship)
TuSimple is dedicated to providing the best solutions for autonomous driving. Our mission is to transform the way people see transportation and make it safer, more reliable, and more efficient.
We’re looking for smart and entrepreneurial people to join our team of world-class scientists and researchers.
You'll be closely working with our R&D team to develop sensor system solutions for autonomous vehicles.
- Sensor design requirements: collect and write the sensor requirements document for different sensors
- Sensor sourcing: work with sensor suppliers to get required information, build test bench and evaluate the performance of different sensors
- Sensor hardware system design: select and evaluate different key chips inside the sensor, design key sensor hardware diagrams and interfaces, create hardware evaluation testing based on development board
- Sensor software development and test: program with Python or C++ to develop sensor software driver to interface with ROS, also develop some post-processing scripts for data collection and evaluate sensor performance
- Sensor EE architecture and wire harness design: design the EE architecture for sensors, design the power supply and design related wire harnesses
- Sensor system integration and testing: build system solutions, integrate sensors into the whole autonomous system, test system performance, sensor environment testing
- B.S., BEng or M.S. in Engineering, automotive, EE, CS with hardware background or a related field
- Proficiency with common EDA tools and PCB schematic/layout design, board level assembly, test and trouble-shooting
- Deep understanding of the principles of one or more following sensors: GNSS, IMU, Lidar, Radar, Sonar/Ultrasonic, Camera
- Proficiency with C++, Python or Matlab, work or project experience with ROS and RTOS to interface with sensors
- Experience in sensor development, sensor module integration for mobile platforms, sensor performance evaluation
Nice to Have
- Familiar with vehicle environment standards (Temperature, Vibration, EMC, etc.), ISO 16750, 7637, J1455 or equivalent
- Have experience competing in autonomous driving contests
- Have 2+ years of industry experience in Sensors, Autonomous Driving, EE and/or Robotics
- Experience in ISO 26262, FMEA
- Experience in the development of over 3 different types of sensors
- Work with world class AI and Autonomous Driving Engineers
- Shape the landscape of autonomous driving
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Bonus/options/paid vacations/insurance
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Full Kitchen with unlimited snacks and fruits
- Weekly team happy hour
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.