Tusimple was founded in 2015 with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and AI, Tusimple is working to create the first commercially viable autonomous truck driving platform with L4 (SAE) levels of safety.
The Quality Engineer will work closely with Operations, Engineering, Test Ops, and other TuSimple Teams to ensure all safety and best practices are followed. This position will work cross functionally across all departments of the organization. They will serve as a primary resource for problem identification, resolution, and continuous improvement. This position reports directly to the Quality Manager.
- Participate in Receiving Inspection Activities
- Assist with Nonconformance disposition and G8D process on TuSimple Site (Tucson)
- Assure supplier understanding and compliance with APQP processes and product PPAP submission and approval requirements.
- Review and approve supplier quality plans for new component parts and assemblies for new vehicle programs.
- Review supplier manufacturing processes and quality systems and develop Suppliers’ quality performance
- Rank and prioritize suppliers for development; create Supplier Development Roadmap.
- Implement and monitoring supplier part qualification and certification processes.
- Determine root cause of supplier manufacturing problems and implementing timely, effective, and efficient quality resolutions.
- Improve quality performance of suppliers by conducting onsite workshops at supplier locations, providing technical assistance in developing a robust quality system, or other technical support as required.
- Provide technical assistance during supplier launch, change-over and ongoing production activities.
- Monitor and participate in Design reviews, define functional safety and key characteristics, Control Plan, DFMEA, PFMEA, Process flow, Prototype development, etc.
- Complete PFMEA risk reduction reviews with cross functional teams
- Support Launch programs
- Assess Suppliers’ quality systems and perform on-site audits at Supplier manufacturing locations
- Ensure execution of Supplier Quality Manual, APQP/PPAP, and AIAG Standards
- Assess gages and tooling, constraints, facilities, resources and capabilities.
- Define, review and drive PPAP requirements.
- Lead resolution of supplier non-conformances; track quality events, product defects or quality-related issues leading to delivery failures; work with suppliers on defect containment, determination of root cause and implementation of robust corrective actions.
- Bachelor’s degree with 4+ years of manufacturing engineering, quality assurance, engineering experience OR Master’s degree and 2 years of manufacturing engineering, quality assurance, engineering experience
- Prior Supplier Quality Engineering or Quality Engineering experience
- Experience working Auditors and/or auditing processes, products, and/or equipment
- Knowledge of ISO-9001 and Lean Six Sigma processes and standards
- Supply chain management experience
- Understanding of GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing), ISO and TS standards
- Extensive knowledge and experience with APQP/PPAP and in applying quality tools such as SPC, 8D, root-cause analysis, etc.
- Broad range of electronics, electronics testing, tooling, manufacturing process and workmanship standards experience
- Experience with best-in-class manufacturing practices (Lean Manufacturing, visual management, data collection, material utilization, employee engagement, cross-training, standard work, gage R&R, calibration, etc.)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications and SPC software (i.e., Minitab)
- Travel as needed to suppliers to perform job functions and support emerging issue conference calls
- Knowledge of Geometric Dimension and Tolerance (GD&T) preferred
- Experience in the Automotive Industry
- Work with world class AI Engineers
- Shape the landscape of autonomous driving
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Bonus/options/paid vacations/insurance
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Full Kitchen with unlimited snacks and fruits
- Weekly team happy hour
- Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance plan
- Company 401(K) program
- Company paid life insurance
Tusimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.