Autonomous Truck Test Engineer
We are looking for talented Road Operations Engineers with experience in computer software and hardware as well as technical documentation. You will be working alongside autonomous truck drivers monitoring, troubleshooting and documenting the performance of the autonomous system.
- Identify and troubleshoot hardware and software issues
- Accurately collect and analyze data
- Conduct pre and post trip inspections of the autonomous system
- Perform data offloads and post trip system shutdowns
- Monitor system to ensure accuracy of mapping software
- Up to 75% travel
- Spend extended periods of time testing and documenting in vehicle
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in IT, Computer Science or related field
- Experience in Linux (Ubuntu)
- Strong technical documentation skills
- Ability to use command line interfaces
- Adept at troubleshooting hardware and software systems
- Experience with autonomous vehicles
- Experience with computer hardware troubleshooting
- Work with world-class AI Engineers
- Shape the landscape of autonomous driving
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Bonus/options/paid vacations/insurance
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Full Kitchen with unlimited snacks and fruits
- Weekly team happy hour
- Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance plan
- Company 401(K) program
- Company paid life insurance
This position is designated as a safety-sensitive position.
- Must be able to walk 75’ and climb a 10’ ladder
- Must be able to bend, kneel, twist, squat, stand and climb as required to secure load.
- Requires standing, stretching, walking, stooping, pushing and/or pulling in an outdoor environment.
- Requires excellent visual and manual dexterity.
- Requires use of safety equipment that may include non-slip shoes, gloves, and other protective garments and equipment.
- Requires frequent driving.
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.