Tusimple was founded in 2015 with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, Tusimple is working to create the first commercially viable autonomous truck driving platform with L4 (SAE) levels of safety.
TuSimple is looking for an energetic, and motivated Senior HR Specialist to support the San Diego, CA office. You’ll lead HR projects including Benefits Administration, Employee Policies & Procedures, Compliance, facilitate payroll, manage all employee relations in the San Diego office, and partner with legal team on immigration as needed. We are a team of pioneers, paving the way for Artificial Intelligence and Deep Learning to enter the autonomous vehicle space. This SR HR Specialist will work alongside leaders and employees to ensure we’re hiring, on-boarding, developing, and managing our talent for maximum impact.
- Lead HR Operations projects in Benefits Administration, Employee Policies & Procedures, Compliance, and Employee Relations.
- Partner with Accounting team to ensure seamless payroll execution
- Lead onboarding and HR functions such as Day 1 Orientation, preparing or updating employment records related to hiring, transferring, promoting, and termination.
- Ensuring new hire paperwork is completed and processed.
- Processing all personnel action forms and ensuring proper approval.
- Explaining and ensuring adherence to human resources policies, procedures, laws, and standards to new and existing employees.
- Participate, and facilitate the performance evaluation processes.
- Composure and confidentiality required to handle corrective action and grievance issues.
- Careful monitoring and review of employment and working conditions to ensure legal compliance.
- BS/BA in Human Resources, Business Administration or relevant field.
- 4-6 years of successful work experience as an HR Generalist, HR administrator, Payroll or in other HR-related positions.
- Strong working knowledge of employment law, employee relations, benefits administration, training and development, and more.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, knowledge of HRIS (Preferred proficiency in Namely)
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Bilingual in English and Chinese preferred (not required)
- Preferred experience in the high tech industry e.g. Computer Science / Artificial Intelligence, or related fields
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Bonus/paid vacations/insurance
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Full Kitchen with unlimited snacks and fruits
- Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance plan
- Company 401(K) program
- Company paid life insurance
Tusimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.