TuSimple was founded in 2015 with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first commercially viable autonomous truck driving platform with L4 (SAE) levels of safety.
About The Role
We are looking for a Calibration Specialist to help bring up (calibrate and configure) and troubleshoot issues on autonomous vehicles. You will work at the intersection of software, sensor technology, as well as the intersection of engineering and operation, to make our fleet successful.
- Assist in developing, testing improving, and maintaining calibration software and processes.
- Identify, escalate, and resolve issues with calibration processes and tools.
- Proactively look for and drive improvements to process and design to support safety, maintainability, and scalability of calibration processes.
- Create, maintain, and improve technical documentation for calibration including release notes and technician work instructions.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Robotics, Industrial, Mechanical, Automotive, Electrical or a related field.
- Basic programming skills for purposes of automated testing and data processing, i.e. scripting, Python, C/C++, knowledge of APIs.
- 2+ years of experience in one of the following areas: industrial, automotive, robotics, or similar industry.
- Experience in automotive, sensors, or calibration a plus.
This position is designated as a safety-sensitive position.
- Must be able to walk 75’ and climb a 10’ ladder
- Must be able to bend, kneel, twist, squat, stand and climb as required to secure load.
- Ability to lift, carry, move, push, and/or pull up to 50 pounds.
- Requires standing, stretching, walking, stooping, pushing and/or pulling in an outdoor environment.
- Requires use of safety equipment that may include non-slip shoes, gloves, and other protective garments and equipment.
- Work with world class AI Engineers
- Shape the landscape of autonomous driving
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Bonus/options/paid vacations/insurance
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Full Kitchen with unlimited snacks and fruits
- Weekly team happy hour
- Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance plan
- Company 401(K) program
- Company paid life insurance
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.