TuSimple was founded in 2015 with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and AI, TuSimple is working to create the first commercially viable autonomous truck driving platform with L4 (SAE) levels of safety.
The Electronics Technician will work with the Electrical Engineer and Design team to prototype and implement electrical systems in autonomous trucks. They will be responsible for building and integrating wiring harnesses into vehicle electrical systems, design and manufacture circuit boards for testing, as well as analyze and debug electrical issues in the vehicle. This will be a hands on position requiring soldering electrical components and PCBs as well as environmental testing of electrical controllers and devices.
- Electronic product assembly and debugging
- Lab inventory management and upkeep
- Cable assembly and modifications - Soldering, crimping, welding, etc.
- Other duties as required and projects dictate
- Familiar with Communication protocols such as RS-232, RS-422, UART, SPI, I2C, CAN, LIN, Ethernet, etc.
- Understanding of analog/digital circuits, schematics development and PCB layout
- Experience and understanding of the following equipment: (DMM Digital Meter and LCR Meter, Signal Generator, Oscilloscope, Capacitance Meter, Bench Power Supplies and basic hand tools such as basic soldering tools and power tools used in electronic
- Associates degree in Engineering or related field or equivalent experience (2+ years)
- Strong documentation, communication and technical writing skills
- Able to work independently and with direction from multiple sources
- Strong work ethic and ability to multitask and prioritize workload in a fast-paced and ever changing environment
- Automotive and autonomous vehicle experience is a plus
- Work with world class AI Engineers
- Shape the landscape of autonomous driving
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Bonus/options/paid vacations/insurance
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Full Kitchen with unlimited snacks and fruits
- Weekly team happy hour
- Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance plan
- Company 401(K) program
- Company paid life insurance
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.