TuSimple was founded in 2015 with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and AI, TuSimple is working to create the first commercially viable autonomous truck driving platform with L4 (SAE) levels of safety.
- Conduct feasibility analysis and failure analysis
- Verify dynamic and continuously improving software development and integration infrastructures.
- Perform testing and enable automation to maximize output.
- Generate verification reports and be able to analyze and discuss, in depth, the results with the software development team
- Exhibit a drive and determination to solve problems and continuously strive for improvement.
- Participate in design reviews and discussions to help ensure that safety goals and requirements are being effectively addressed
- Work closely with vehicle functional safety and engineering teams to evaluate potential safety issues that arise from the field or from testing as well evaluating safety regulatory compliance issues
- Support safety process improvements as needed to improve a robust system safety process and to develop system safety best practices for autonomous vehicles
- Bachelor/Master’'s in Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Mechanical, Robotics or comparable engineering degrees
- Experience in performing hazard analyses (e.g. Preliminary Hazard Analysis, Subsystem Hazard Analyses, Failure Modes and Effects Analysis, Fault Tree Analysis, STPA)
- Vehicle control, vehicle dynamics and statistics domain knowledge is highly preferred
- Domain expertise in safety analysis of automotive or embedded systems is desirable
- Basic coding skill in Python
- Basic knowledge of ROS
- Experienced driver
- Ownership and ability to track and close out issues
- Work with world class AI Engineers
- Shape the landscape of autonomous driving
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Full Kitchen with unlimited snacks and fruits
- Weekly team happy hour
- Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance plan
- Company 401(K) program
- Company paid life insurance
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.