At Turtle Rock, we make the games we want to play. We're dedicated to providing a collaborative environment where our team members feel empowered with the creative freedom to contribute and grow. While we are based in Orange County, CA, we support flexible work arrangements ranging from in-studio, hybrid, to fully remote throughout North America. Join our award-winning game development team and help create our next AAA title.
We are looking for a Senior Engine Programmer to be a part of our development team. You will focus on helping the team meet performance and memory targets, and use UE5 features to make our games the best it can be.
We are looking for a Senior Engine Programmer to join our team. Your role will involve working in Unreal 5 and will focus on helping the team meet performance and memory targets. As a senior, you will be able to communicate complex systems effectively and help mentor other programmers grow and develop.
- Work with the core features of UE5, such as asset streaming, memory management, module and plugin loading, and the task graph
- Tackle complicated problems and build performant and scalable systems to meet project needs
- Collaborate with programmers and artists get their features to run as fast and efficiently as possible.
- Full solution engineering that includes changes to the engine, editor, and build pipeline
- Own middleware packages and educate the team on their best use practices
- Solve crashes and other problems on next-gen consoles and PCs
- Mentor less experienced programmers
- At least 5 years of experience in game engine programming
- Strong C++ and math skills
- Ability to code and debug multi-threaded systems
- Excellent problem solving and time management skills
- Confront the unknown with a can-do attitude
- Experience in Unreal 5 or 4
- You can use Pix and/or Razor to analyze resource usage and find ways to make games faster
- Passion for game modding and experience supporting user generated content
- Flexible work environment allowing you to work in-studio as many days a week or full time remotely
- Medical, Dental, Vision 100% covered for you and your family
- 401k matching
- Profit sharing
- Student Loan Paydown Plan / College Savings Plan
- Career Improvement Plan
- Flexible time off policy
- Fully stocked kitchen and sponsored food trucks
- Awesome company events, including in-person family celebrations, annual Halloween bash, and virtual gatherings throughout the year
The estimated base pay range for this role is: $136,000 - $180,000
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.