At Turtle Rock, we make the games we want to play. We're dedicated to providing a collaborative environment where our team members feel empowered with the creative freedom to contribute and grow. While we are based in Orange County, CA, we support flexible work arrangements ranging from in-studio, hybrid, to fully remote throughout North America. Join our award-winning game development team and help create our next AAA title.
- Responsible for maintaining mission script quality, while respecting technical limitations and performance targets.
- Provide mentorship and coaching for team members including but not limited to: 1:1s, career development, performance evaluations, goal setting, and hiring.
- Work closely with the Design Director and gameplay, level, and mission designers to craft fun scenarios, events, and missions ensuring gratifying player experiences.
- Guide the development of efficient tools and best practices for mission scripting and the gameplay experience.
- Conceptualize, develop, polish, and maintain exciting and engaging gameplay content.
- Own technical implementation of mission systems for gameplay and levels
- Share constructive feedback and lead continuous open discussions regarding gameplay
- Playtest with both the studio and the design team to review and develop missions
- 7+ years of experience in game development with one or more AAA titles shipped on multiple platforms
- 2+ years experience in a Lead role
- A strong portfolio demonstrating experience with heavily scripted missions and/or dynamic objectives
- Love of games: specifically FPS, Co-op, and Multiplayer games
- Experience working with game engine (we use Unreal Engine with Blueprint, but Unity or proprietary engines welcome) with a strong understanding of implementation and integration into the pipeline.
- People manager with a desire to mentor team and foster growth
- Great knowledge of mission/level design process from conception to completion, with a strong sense of pacing and testing
- Ability to thrive in a highly collaborative and iterative team-oriented environment
- Experience with Unreal Engine and Blueprint
- Some knowledge of C++
- Demonstrated experience working on cooperative FPS
- Familiarity with development tools such as Perforce, JIRA, and Confluence
Some of the benefits and perks our employees get to enjoy, include:
- 100% Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage for you and your family
- 401k Matching
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Student Loan Repayment Plan / College Savings Plan
- Career Improvement Plan
- Flexible Work Arrangements - In-House, Hybrid, and Remote
- Generous Time Off Policy
- Company Events - In-Person Summer Family Bash + Halloween Party + Virtual Events
- Fully Stocked Kitchen + Sponsored Food Trucks
The estimated base pay range for this role is: $140,000 —$195,000 USD