At Turtle Rock, we make the games we want to play. We're dedicated to providing a collaborative environment where our team members feel empowered with the creative freedom to contribute and grow. While we are based in Orange County, CA, we support flexible work arrangements ranging from in-studio, hybrid, to fully remote throughout North America. Join our award-winning game development team and help create our next AAA title.
We are seeking a Lead Concept Artist responsible for ensuring the environment concept team delivers best-in-class 2D and 3D models that push artistic, creative, and technical innovation. The Lead Environment Concept Artist will lay the creative foundation of visually dynamic environments and make spaces more compelling with the player in mind. The Lead Environment Concept Artist works with the Art Director and collaborates closely with Environment Artists, Concept Artists, and Technical Artists to create assets ranging from mood paintings to prop illustrations.
In this role, you will guide other environment concept artists and external partners to deliver work that strives to exceed the project standards. The right candidate will look for opportunities to enhance the player experience, embrace and provide constructive feedback, be comfortable using both 2D and 3D tools to generate creative design solutions, should have strong hard surface and architectural design skills, and excel in a collaborative environment.
- Create high quality mood paintings and sketches to inspire and guide environment artists and game designers
- Break down loose mood paintings into usable designs and layout sheets for modelers to work from
- Provide mentorship for team members
- Prototype and work closely with diverse teams consisting of developers from all disciplines
- Minimum of 7 years of production experience as a concept artist
- Basic modeling skills (Maya, Max or Blender)
- Knowledge of the latest industry-standard tools, workflows, and techniques
- Strong leadership, mentoring and teaching abilities.
- Strong sense of visual design for architecture, vehicles, and weapons
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to thrive in a highly collaborative, team oriented environment
- Strong work ethic, and ability to maintain high quality and consistent progress without constant supervision
- Attention to detail and creative problem solving
- Previous experience in environment design or industrial design for games
- Shipped one or more AAA titles
Some of the benefits and perks our employees get to enjoy, include:
- 100% Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage for you and your family
- 401k Matching
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Student Loan Repayment Plan / College Savings Plan
- Career Improvement Plan
- Flexible Work Arrangements - In-House, Hybrid, and Remote
- Generous Time Off Policy
- Company Events - In-Person Summer Family Bash + Halloween Party + Virtual Events
- Fully Stocked Kitchen + Sponsored Food Trucks
The estimated base pay range for this role is:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.