We are Turtle Rock Studios. An award-winning game developer of AAA first person shooters and other games, including the latest co-op shooter franchise, Back 4 Blood. We are located in the heart of Orange County, CA. We thrive in an open and collaborative environment which is led to this day by co-founders Chris Ashton and Phil Robb.
Turtle Rock Studios is looking for a Senior Rendering Programmer to join our core tech team! This role will involve designing and building new rendering features in Unreal Engine 5, maintaining and improving our cross-platform technologies, and ensuring that both our creative teams as well as our players have awesome experiences with our computer graphics solutions. As a senior engineer, you will be instrumental in helping shape Turtle Rock Studios' graphics technologies for our next gen titles.
- Create new rendering features and extend existing features to meet project goals
- Investigate and resolve performance and stability issues both in stock Unreal Engine as well as our in-house solutions
- Troubleshoot cross-platform problems to ensure we're using consoles and modern PC hardware as effectively as possible
- Bring external research and novel ideas to bear on Turtle Rock's rendering technologies
- Minimum of 5 years as an engine or rendering programmer having shipped a title in that role
- Experience with modern C++ concepts such as metaprogramming, compiler optimization, and techniques from C++11 onward
- Strong knowledge of math concepts including linear algebra and trigonometry as well as experience applying these concepts in high performance computing settings
- Knowledge of and experience implementing many typical rendering algorithms such as shadowing, decals, etc.
- Experience with computer simulation and integration techniques
- Knowledge of modern graphics API concepts such as bindless resources, indirect drawing, etc.
- Experience authoring and profiling shaders in a production environment
- Desire to collaborate with artists, designers and other programmers
- Excellent problem solving and time management skills
- Experience in Unreal Engine 4 or 5
- Experience developing and shipping for modern consoles
- Knowledge of profiling packages such as PIX and Razor
- Knowledge of real time raytracing APIs such as DXR and hybrid renderers in general
- Experience coding and debugging multi-threaded systems
- Knowledge of DX12 features and techniques
Some of the benefits and perks our employees get to enjoy, include:
- 100% Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage for you and your family
- 401k Matching
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Student Loan Repayment Plan / College Savings Plan
- Career Improvement Plan
- Flexible Work Arrangements - In-House, Hybrid, and Remote
- Generous Time Off Policy
- Company Events - In-Person Summer Family Bash + Halloween Party + Virtual Events
- Fully Stocked Kitchen + Sponsored Food Trucks