As the world's largest car sharing marketplace, Turo is growing fast and hiring talent in the US, Canada, the UK, France, and Australia! Our driven, down to earth team empowers you to push yourself, make a huge impact, and accelerate your career growth.
About the team
We are looking for passionate SRE engineers who can enable developers to deploy reliable and secure code in a production environment providing our customers with the highest quality car-sharing experience. Turo Engineering must ensure that our services are always "up" and deliver consistent results to our customers. If you love designing, developing, and running highly available services in a distributed environment, then Turo is the place for you!
What you'll do
- Help us build the strategy and product roadmap for all site reliability efforts.
- Help us improve the overall operational health of our software.
- Use your skills to raise the technical bar and guide architectural judgments.
- Establish monitoring and alerting production systems to enable observability using SLIs, SLOs, and SLAs.
- Lead chaos engineering efforts and help automate the process.
- Participate in on-call rotation and lead initiatives on incident management, root cause analysis, postmortem, and document your findings into run-books to improve site availability.
- Help us hire talent in the SRE space and mentor them.
- BS/MS (preferably in Computer Science) or Equivalent with at least four years of experience in ensuring software operational excellence
- Experience supporting infrastructure and services for public cloud environments(AWS, Azure, GCP, OCI)
- Experience with observability, disaster recovery, and incident management
- Familiarity with microservices architecture and container orchestration using Kubernetes
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Fluent in at least one language - e.g., Python, Go, C, or Java.
Not required, but good to have
- Understanding of CI/CD pipelines and tools used to manage those.
- Managing multi-region deployments
- Competitive salary, equity, benefits, and perks for all full-time employees
- Employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance (Country specific)
- Retirement employer match
- $2,000 Learning & Development stipend to invest in your professional development
- $1,000 USD Turo host matching and $1,500 USD vehicle reimbursement program
- $100 USD Monthly Turo travel credit
- Cell phone, internet and Fringe benefit stipend
- Paid time off to relax and recharge
- Paid holidays, volunteer time off, and parental leave
- For those who are in the office full-time or hybrid we have weekly in-office lunch, office snacks, and fun activities
- Bi-annual Turbo Week (week-long, company-wide conference)
We are committed to building a diverse team. If you are from a background that's underrepresented in tech, we'd love to meet you.
Aside from an award winning work environment and the opportunity to be part of the world’s largest car sharing marketplace, we are also growing the team quickly - join us! Even if you don't meet every qualification, we are looking for people with enthusiasm for what we do and we will consider you for this and other possibilities.
Turo is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Turo will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, as applicable.
We welcome candidates with physical, mental, and/or neurological disabilities. If you require assistance applying for an open position, or need accommodation during the recruiting process due to a disability, please submit a request to People Operations by emailing PeopleOps@turo.com.
Turo is the world’s largest car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, France, UK and Australia. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership. A pioneer of the sharing economy and the travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community where the car you book is part of a story, not a fleet.
Discover Turo at https://turo.com, the App Store, and Google Play, and check out our blog, Field Notes.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.