As the world's largest car sharing marketplace, Turo is growing fast and hiring talent in the US, Canada, the UK, France, and Australia! Our driven, down-to-earth team empowers you to push yourself, make a huge impact, and accelerate your career growth.
About the team
Are you ready to step-up to the biggest challenge of your career and realize your potential in our dynamic, fast-paced culture? We are all about creating an amazing experience for our guests and hosts. We are looking for a People Business Partner (HRBP) to join our People Operations team and help us create an amazing employee experience. Reporting to the Director, People Ops, this role will align and support our growing Operations & Protection teams as well as corporate programs. The ideal candidate is someone who can thrive in ambiguous situations, while fostering a collaborative, open, and fun culture. If you love being an employee advocate, inspiring greatness in others, and scaling businesses to the next level - then this is the job for you!
What you will do
You will be aligned with the Operations and Protection orgs and provide daily HR business partner support to leaders and employees including: compensation, employee relations, performance management, talent planning, succession planning and leadership development. You will partner with the People Ops leadership team to develop and execute high-impact talent and organization interventions that support the business. In addition, you will:
- Act as an employee champion and change agent as we grow our workforce and expand globally
- Lead efforts to create a supportive culture through employee engagement, diversity and inclusion initiatives, rewards and recognition execution, and community involvement
- Build relationships with your respective business leaders and attend their team meetings
- Guide leaders, in partnership with our subject matter experts, through all people matters and programs including compensation, talent development, performance, etc.
- Partner with and advise leaders on people-related strategy and decisions including organizational design, planning, policy, and compensation
- Manage day-to-day employee relations issues
- Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to line managers (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions
- Develop people oriented programs to positively impact the employee experience
- Own the performance management process including mid-year and end of year check-ins
- Partner with leaders to monitor the workforce plan throughout the year
- Analyze metrics, people reports and datasets to identify trends and develop integrated solutions, programs and policies.
- Deliver appropriate coaching and development feedback to managers and employees
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
- Identify training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs
- Participate in evaluation and monitoring of success of training programs and follow-up to ensure training objectives are met
- Ensure activities are in compliance with all state and federal employment laws and regulations (e.g., FMLA, ADA, EEO and FLSA)
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, I/O Psychology, or Human Resources Management preferred
- 7+ years experience in HR, preferably as a Business Partner supporting Engineering and Product teams at a rapidly growing, global technology organization
- S/PHR and/or SHRM S/CP certification is a plus
- Strong desire to help others and intellectual curiosity about people and organization issues
- Effective interpersonal skills and great listener
- Ability to influence managers/leaders with data-driven recommendations to improve performance, retention, and the employee experience
- Must be a confident communicator, (including both written and verbal) and the ability to to explain complex and/or confidential information as well as effectively communicate with all levels of the organization, including the senior leadership team
- Excellent problem solving capabilities and judgment; ability to make sound decisions independently
- Exceptional consulting, coaching and facilitation skills
- Strong conflict resolution/mediation skills
- Experience with compensation, leveling, and benchmarking
- Demonstrated project & program management/change management skills
- Comfortable operating in a constantly changing, matrixed environment
- Working knowledge of Arizona state and federal employment laws
- Exhibits our core values: bold, driven, expressive and grounded
The Phoenix base salary target range for this full-time position is $134,000-$149,000 + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your work location during the hiring process.
- Competitive salary, equity, benefits, and perks for all full-time employees
- Employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance (Country specific)
- Retirement employer match
- $2,000 Learning & Development stipend to invest in your professional development
- $1,000 USD Turo host matching and $1,500 USD vehicle reimbursement program
- $100 USD Monthly Turo travel credit
- Cell phone, internet and Fringe benefit stipend
- Paid time off to relax and recharge
- Paid holidays, volunteer time off, and parental leave
- For those who are in the office full-time or hybrid we have weekly in-office lunch, office snacks, and fun activities
- Bi-annual Turbo Week (week-long, company-wide conference)
We are committed to building a diverse team. If you are from a background that's underrepresented in tech, we'd love to meet you.
Aside from an award winning work environment and the opportunity to be part of the world’s largest car sharing marketplace, we are also growing the team quickly - join us! Even if you don't meet every qualification, we are looking for people with enthusiasm for what we do and we will consider you for this and other possibilities.
Turo is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Turo will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, as applicable.
We welcome candidates with physical, mental, and/or neurological disabilities. If you require assistance applying for an open position, or need accommodation during the recruiting process due to a disability, please submit a request to People Operations by emailing PeopleOps@turo.com.
Turo is the world’s largest car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, France, UK and Australia. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership. A pioneer of the sharing economy and the travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community where the car you book is part of a story, not a fleet.
Discover Turo at https://turo.com, the App Store, and Google Play, and check out our blog, Field Notes.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.