As the world's largest car sharing marketplace, Turo is growing fast and hiring talent in the US, Canada, the UK, France, and Australia! Our driven, down-to-earth team empowers you to push yourself, make a huge impact, and accelerate your career growth.
About the team
We're a supportive, down-to-earth, fun team of Trust and Safety professionals who have a passion for protecting our global marketplace. Our priority is sustaining a world-class risk and chargeback program by leveraging top third party tools, staying informed on the latest industry trends and knowledge, and, most importantly, developing a team of subject matter experts.
We are looking for team-oriented Chargeback Operations Associates to join Global Trust & Safety Operations at Turo. This rewarding position encompasses all required duties associated with creating representments on behalf of Turo including, but not limited to, investigating bank disputes and customer accounts, creating compelling evidence files in a timely manner, and providing a positive customer experience.
You will have the opportunity to learn and grow with our diverse and talented teams while playing a key role in the success of the business. The ideal Chargeback Operations Associate has superb judgment, excellent communication skills, and a keen eye for details.
What you will do
- Manually review all chargeback disputes reported to Turo and submit compelling evidence in a timely manner
- Engage in email and phone communication with all necessary parties to resolve disputes
- Coordinate with peers to ensure all deadlines are met
- Proactively provide suggestions for improvements and contribute to team projects
- Utilize fraud tools to determine the validity of reported fraudulent activity
- 1-2 years of Chargeback Dispute Handling or Banking experience; Trust & Safety experience a plus
- BA / BS or equivalent preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of Regulation E and Z
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, drive and embrace change
- Superb and dynamic communication, interpersonal, and investigative skills
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision/direction and in a team environment
- Commitment to high responsiveness and availability, strong ability to prioritize
- Strong computer skills
- Personable, outgoing individual who enjoys working with people, embraces the Turo Values and is able to handle stressful situations with grace
- Knowledge of Visa Dispute Management Guidelines
- Proficiency with Mac OS X or later highly valuable
- Experience using Kustomer
- Proficiency with Google Workspace and/or Microsoft Office
The Phoenix base pay for this full-time position is $21.63 per hour + equity + benefits. Our base pay is determined by role, level, and location. Your recruiter can share more about the specific compensation offered for this role during the hiring process.
- Competitive salary, equity, benefits, and perks for all full-time employees
- Employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance (Country specific)
- Retirement employer match
- $2,000 Learning & Development stipend to invest in your professional development
- $1,000 USD Turo host matching and $1,500 USD vehicle reimbursement program
- $100 USD Monthly Turo travel credit
- Cell phone, internet and Fringe benefit stipend
- Paid time off to relax and recharge
- Paid holidays, volunteer time off, and parental leave
- For those who are in the office full-time or hybrid we have weekly in-office lunch, office snacks, and fun activities
- Bi-annual Turbo Week (week-long, company-wide conference)
We are committed to building a diverse team. If you are from a background that's underrepresented in tech, we'd love to meet you.
Aside from an award winning work environment and the opportunity to be part of the world’s largest car sharing marketplace, we are also growing the team quickly - join us! Even if you don't meet every qualification, we are looking for people with enthusiasm for what we do and we will consider you for this and other possibilities.
Turo is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Turo will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, as applicable.
We welcome candidates with physical, mental, and/or neurological disabilities. If you require assistance applying for an open position, or need accommodation during the recruiting process due to a disability, please submit a request to People Operations by emailing PeopleOps@turo.com.
Turo is the world’s largest car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, France, UK and Australia. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership. A pioneer of the sharing economy and the travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community where the car you book is part of a story, not a fleet.
Discover Turo at https://turo.com, the App Store, and Google Play, and check out our blog, Field Notes.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.