As the world's largest car sharing marketplace, Turo is growing fast and hiring talent in the US, Canada, the UK, France, and Australia! Our driven, down to earth team empowers you to push yourself, make a huge impact, and accelerate your career growth.
About the team:
We are looking for a Manager, Claims to join our UK Claims team. Reporting into the Senior Manager of Claims, you will be responsible for our day-to-day claims functions along with leading and supporting our growing team of Claims Associates. As part of a small but growing team, you will exhibit a strong sense of ownership and initiative to solve problems, forge new paths and to innovate. In your role, you will analyse data and communicate effectively your findings and recommendations to both your team and management. You will collaborate with other parts of the business, be responsive, supportive and be comfortable with change. If you are a pioneer at heart and have a strong desire to be part of a company changing the world, this could be a role for you!
What you'll do:
- Partner closely with our UK team, vendors, TPA and insurance partner to drive customer satisfaction, employee engagement and operational excellence
- Identify potential problems and points of friction and work to find solutions to maximise efficiency and accuracy and minimise leakage
- Develop robust reporting and measurement methods to monitor vendor performance, addressing any performance issues proactively with the vendors and reporting to leadership.
- Meet KPIs for customer satisfaction, efficiency, financial performance, and employee satisfaction
- Communicate developments, trends, and other insights to drive continuous improvement
- Lead special projects and change initiatives prioritising at a moments notice
- Work closely with our QA team to further the claims quality assurance program for claims
- Handle claims escalations and relationships with vendors and insurers
- Complete weekly aged pending reports and reviews
- Training and knowledge checks
- Monthly invoice reviews on all claims and roadside incidents
- Weekly metric reviews of all Turo UK claims and monthly analysis reviews
- Raise problematic claims with our insurance and protection providers, aiding high level decision making on next steps
- 5+ years of claims experience; preferably in the UK motor insurance sector
- 2+ years of supervisory or management experience with high performing teams
- Strong leadership and technical claims skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, drive and embrace change
- High level of ownership, responsibility and accountability
- Superb and dynamic communication, interpersonal, and investigative skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willing to work outside of normal hours; commitment to high responsiveness and availability with a strong ability to prioritise
- Can quickly adapt to new technology and systems: experience with claims management systems, CRM systems, Google Docs, MS Office, Kustomer. Mac expertise is a plus.
- You are a team player with a positive mental attitude, high energy, high integrity, strong work ethic, enthusiasm, sense of humour, and a commitment to the mission
- BA/BS or work equivalent
- Competitive salary, equity, benefits, and perks for all full-time employees
- Employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance (Country specific)
- Retirement employer match
- $2,000 Learning & Development stipend to invest in your professional development
- $1,000 USD Turo host matching and $1,500 USD vehicle reimbursement program
- $100 USD Monthly Turo travel credit
- Cell phone, internet and Fringe benefit stipend
- Paid time off to relax and recharge
- Paid holidays, volunteer time off, and parental leave
- For those who are in the office full-time or hybrid we have weekly in-office lunch, office snacks, and fun activities
- Bi-annual Turbo Week (week-long, company-wide conference)
We are committed to building a diverse team. If you are from a background that's underrepresented in tech, we'd love to meet you.
Aside from an award winning work environment and the opportunity to be part of the world’s largest car sharing marketplace, we are also growing the team quickly - join us! Even if you don't meet every qualification, we are looking for people with enthusiasm for what we do and we will consider you for this and other possibilities.
Turo is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Turo will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, as applicable.
We welcome candidates with physical, mental, and/or neurological disabilities. If you require assistance applying for an open position, or need accommodation during the recruiting process due to a disability, please submit a request to People Operations by emailing PeopleOps@turo.com.
Turo is the world’s largest car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, France, UK and Australia. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership. A pioneer of the sharing economy and the travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community where the car you book is part of a story, not a fleet.
Discover Turo at https://turo.com, the App Store, and Google Play, and check out our blog, Field Notes.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.