As the world's largest car sharing marketplace, Turo is growing fast and hiring talent in the US, Canada, the UK, France, and Australia! Our driven, down to earth team empowers you to push yourself, make a huge impact, and accelerate your career growth.
About the team:
We are seeking an ambitious and strategic individual to join Turo in Australia as our inaugural Strategy & Analytics Lead. You will be reporting directly to the Managing Director of Turo Australia and a member of the local leadership team.
This exciting opportunity requires excellent analytical skills, strategic thinking prowess, experience with complex OKR planning & alignment as well as excellent stakeholder management.
Your core responsibilities in this role will be to analyse & understand the drivers of our success as a business, critically question whether our teams & plans are aligned with our growth aspirations and ensure that work plans are appropriately prioritised given our resources.
What you’ll do:
- Attend and lead meetings with senior management to advise on the growth trajectory of our Australian business
- Formulate recommendations by coordinating with other senior leaders & stakeholders across local and global teams, acting as a force multiplier to business unit leaders tasked with the efficient management of their departments
- Ensure an insights driven approach to decision making, especially for strategic considerations that impact multiple teams. Outlining tradeoffs and driving the best outcome for the broader business
- Act as an in-house consultant/chief of staff, coordinating the weekly, monthly & quarterly reporting cadence and the fidelity of data sources informing our plans
- Work closely with our global analytics team to maintain & iterate upon the suite of reporting utilised across all forums & teams
- Improve the business’ overall operating model & productivity with an in depth understanding of our unit economics
- Work closely with the Managing Director as well as FP&A on budget versus actual reporting, understanding the P&L and supporting the annual budgeting & headcount planning process
- Undergraduate degree in a related field
- Ideally 2 - 3 years in management consulting & at least 2 years working at a startup or fast paced technology scaleup
- Deep understanding of marketplace businesses with bonus points for experience in a peer to peer business
- 7+ years of relevant experience
- Proficient in Google Docs, Sheets, Slides or Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Solid track record of taking ownership and leading complex projects end-to-end
- A magic skill to break complex problems into smaller ones
- A passion for working with data (SQL experience preferred)
- Natural curiosity, high level of attention to detail, driven to make an impact
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop positive and productive relationships
- Commitment to excellence & quality, with the ability to influence others to match their own high standards
- Competitive salary, equity, benefits, and perks for all full-time employees
- Employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance (Country specific)
- Retirement employer match
- $2,000 Learning & Development stipend to invest in your professional development
- $1,000 USD Turo host matching and $1,500 USD vehicle reimbursement program
- $100 USD Monthly Turo travel credit
- Cell phone, internet and Fringe benefit stipend
- Paid time off to relax and recharge
- Paid holidays, volunteer time off, and parental leave
- For those who are in the office full-time or hybrid we have weekly in-office lunch, office snacks, and fun activities
- Bi-annual Turbo Week (week-long, company-wide conference)
We are committed to building a diverse team. If you are from a background that's underrepresented in tech, we'd love to meet you.
Aside from an award winning work environment and the opportunity to be part of the world’s largest car sharing marketplace, we are also growing the team quickly - join us! Even if you don't meet every qualification, we are looking for people with enthusiasm for what we do and we will consider you for this and other possibilities.
Turo is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Turo will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, as applicable.
We welcome candidates with physical, mental, and/or neurological disabilities. If you require assistance applying for an open position, or need accommodation during the recruiting process due to a disability, please submit a request to People Operations by emailing PeopleOps@turo.com.
Turo is the world’s largest car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, France, UK and Australia. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership. A pioneer of the sharing economy and the travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community where the car you book is part of a story, not a fleet.
Discover Turo at https://turo.com, the App Store, and Google Play, and check out our blog, Field Notes.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.