As the world's largest car sharing marketplace, Turo is growing fast and hiring talent in the US, Canada, the UK, France, and Australia! Our driven, down-to-earth team empowers you to push yourself, make a huge impact, and accelerate your career growth.
About the team
We are seeking an Internal Audit Manager, who will help build and grow our Internal Audit function at Turo! This role will contribute to Turo’s mission of putting the world’s 1.5+ billion cars to better use by partnering with our accounting, finance, and operations teams to support Turo’s SOX readiness efforts, to conduct and oversee a variety of internal audits, and to assist the VP of Internal Audit in developing the annual audit plan and enterprise risk assessment. This role will report directly to the VP of Internal Audit, and you will work directly with your reporting manager on building processes that allow our financial and operational audit risk and control framework to scale so we can support our growth in a pre-IPO environment.
As a member of the audit and risk team at Turo, you will have the opportunity to work with smart, humble, and down to earth people across the organization solving interesting problems that are disrupting an entire industry. You will develop your professional career at Turo because you will be tasked with conducting financial, operational, and management reviews, identifying changes in the internal control environment which would necessitate modifications to the audit plan, and lead special project engagements, including due diligence and reviews of processes under development. The ideal candidate has strong financial risk management skills, enjoys collaborating with cross functional team members, is a great communicator, and loves to solve problems in a dynamic, high growth environment.
What you'll do
- Perform annual SOX planning, risk assessment, process walkthroughs, and controls testing to evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of key internal controls over financial reporting.
- Develop strong professional relationships with external auditors that will involve coordinating walkthroughs and timing of testing as well as providing the auditors with direct assistance in specific areas.
- Identify, help implement, and manage the Company’s SOX software.
- Effectively plan and perform operational audits and special projects as assigned.
- Assist the VP of Internal Audit in developing a flexible, risk-based annual audit and assurance plan by understanding risks and trends associated with Turo’s control environment and emerging risks.
- Assist in identifying, evaluating, analyzing, prioritizing, and communicating risks and control improvements associated with Turo’s operations.
- Become a trusted business advisor by developing deep business relationships and providing value-added assurance, advice, and insight to Accounting, Finance and operations senior management on governance, risk, compliance, and control improvement matters.
- Model Turo’s culture and values, and provide leadership direction, coaching and career development to direct reports to drive accountability for performance and results to ensure overall success of the team.
- Manage outside consulting resources on select engagements to carry out Audit activities and objectives.
- Stay up to date on accounting, finance, and emerging audit techniques.
- Minimum 5 years of progressive audit and SOX experience.
- Combination of Big 4 experience and industry experience, preferably in a multi-national public company.
- Adept at building relationships across organizations.
- Ability to lead projects, as well as participate as a member of a project team.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to apply strong project management skills and to multi-task.
- Commitment to quality, willingness to challenge current practice and innovate, and continuous improvement mindset.
- Self-motivated, flexible, proactive, rapid learner and responsive.
- One or more relevant professional certifications required (CPA, CIA, CFE)
- BS/BA degree in Business Accounting or Finance, or related degree required.
- Advanced degree (MBA or MS) is a plus.
- Willingness to travel up to 25%.
- Competitive salary, equity, benefits, and perks for all full-time employees
- Employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance (Country specific)
- Retirement employer match
- $2,000 Learning & Development stipend to invest in your professional development
- $1,000 USD Turo host matching and $1,500 USD vehicle reimbursement program
- $100 USD Monthly Turo travel credit
- Cell phone, internet and Fringe benefit stipend
- Paid time off to relax and recharge
- Paid holidays, volunteer time off, and parental leave
- For those who are in the office full-time or hybrid we have weekly in-office lunch, office snacks, and fun activities
- Bi-annual Turbo Week (week-long, company-wide conference)
We are committed to building a diverse team. If you are from a background that's underrepresented in tech, we'd love to meet you.
Aside from an award winning work environment and the opportunity to be part of the world’s largest car sharing marketplace, we are also growing the team quickly - join us! Even if you don't meet every qualification, we are looking for people with enthusiasm for what we do and we will consider you for this and other possibilities.
Turo is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Turo will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, as applicable.
We welcome candidates with physical, mental, and/or neurological disabilities. If you require assistance applying for an open position, or need accommodation during the recruiting process due to a disability, please submit a request to People Operations by emailing PeopleOps@turo.com.
Turo is the world’s largest car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, France and the UK. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership. A pioneer of the sharing economy and the travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community where the car you book is part of a story, not a fleet.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.