As the world's largest car sharing marketplace, Turo is growing fast and hiring talent in the US, Canada, the UK, France, and Australia! Our driven, down to earth team empowers you to push yourself, make a huge impact, and accelerate your career growth.
About the team
We are a group of creative, mission-driven marketplace and car enthusiasts who want to put the world’s 1.5B+ cars to better use. We are seeking an experienced and strategic individual to join our team in San Francisco, Phoenix, or remotely as Director, Business Development, Automotive OEM and Mobility Partnerships. This incredible opportunity requires deep knowledge of the automotive and wider mobility landscapes, exceptional project management and analytical skills, strategic thinking abilities, prioritization skills, stakeholder management, and influencing; both externally and internally.
No day is the same at Turo business development. You will be responsible for developing the comprehensive strategy, and identifying, evaluating, and executing partnerships with OEM and mobility companies that will drive the growth of our marketplace. You will build a range of strategic partnerships while collaborating with senior executives and members of the business development team.
The ideal candidate will be hyper-focused on developing, executing, and managing partnerships that add strategic value to the Turo community and marketplace.You will fully own meaningful components of our business development strategy and roadmap and help revolutionize the future of mobility and car ownership, by leading Turo’s positioning in the ecosystem. This is a unique career opportunity that offers exceptional potential for personal and professional growth.
What you’ll do
- Develop the strategy, build the infrastructure, and execute strategic partnerships with automotive OEMs that will strengthen the core Turo marketplace, test new partnership models, and grow both sides of our business
- Design and launch first-of-a-kind partnerships with various industry players, particularly focusing on automotive OEMs and mobility companies
- Launch, manage and grow strategic partners to align with and exceed Turo’s objectives and key metrics
- Model, track and analyze partnerships’ key performance indicators to report on metrics such as unit economics, return on investment or incrementally
- Own reporting of the partnerships performance, participating in regular business reviews with leadership and stakeholders
- Partner on internal product roadmaps from definition to launch. Creatively structure or brainstorm product solutions with both external partners and internal stakeholders.
- Develop scalable processes to manage complex and nuanced partnerships and integrations.
- Represent partners internally and Turo externally with partners’ management teams and at industry events
- Partner closely with Product, Engineering, Marketing, PR, Legal and company leadership
- Hire, develop, and manage a team of Partnership Managers.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in the automotive and wider mobility industry. Prior experience in strategy / business development / partnerships preferred.
- Experience with a two-sided marketplace is a plus
- Deep understanding of and extensive experience with new automotive mobility business models; ranging from ecommerce experience, test drives, loaner and mobility fleets, subscriptions, and flexible car ownership models
- Experience building and managing teams
- Demonstrated success in launching and scaling partnerships, products and programs focused on delivering new user experiences
- Strong communication, presentation skills, and executive presence
- Track record of delivering mutually successful business outcomes
- Independent self-starter, who’s comfortable with minimal oversight and supervision, and enjoys pioneering new approaches and directions, while also being rigorous in the evaluation of results
- Analytical skill set, with meaningful experience defining, tracking and quantifying ROI of partnerships
- Competitive salary, equity, benefits, and perks for all full-time employees
- Employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance (Country specific)
- Retirement employer match
- $2,000 Learning & Development stipend to invest in your professional development
- $1,000 USD Turo host matching and $1,500 USD vehicle reimbursement program
- $100 USD Monthly Turo travel credit
- Cell phone, internet and Fringe benefit stipend
- Paid time off to relax and recharge
- Paid holidays, volunteer time off, and parental leave
- For those who are in the office full-time or hybrid we have weekly in-office lunch, office snacks, and fun activities
- Bi-annual Turbo Week (week-long, company-wide conference)
We are committed to building a diverse team. If you are from a background that's underrepresented in tech, we'd love to meet you.
Aside from an award winning work environment and the opportunity to be part of the world’s largest car sharing marketplace, we are also growing the team quickly - join us! Even if you don't meet every qualification, we are looking for people with enthusiasm for what we do and we will consider you for this and other possibilities.
Turo is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Turo will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, as applicable.
We welcome candidates with physical, mental, and/or neurological disabilities. If you require assistance applying for an open position, or need accommodation during the recruiting process due to a disability, please submit a request to People Operations by emailing PeopleOps@turo.com.
Turo is the world’s largest car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, France and the UK. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership. A pioneer of the sharing economy and the travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community where the car you book is part of a story, not a fleet.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.