Turo is the world's largest car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, and the UK. Whether you're flying in from afar or looking for a car down the street, searching for a rugged truck or something smooth and swanky, guests can take the wheel of the perfect car for any occasion, while hosts can take the wheel of their futures by building an accessible, flexible, and scalable car sharing business from the ground up.
We are looking for brilliant software engineers who have a passion for consumer products and want to join an energetic team that is changing the way people think about travel. We ship code daily, A/B test extensively, and have a primary role in creating the product from inception to implementation. There’s much to do, and you’ll be responsible for making some real cool stuff happen.
Our APIs, internal services, and web app are at the core of our stable of software that’s reinventing mobility. Be a member of a small team of talented engineers and designers and play a major role in shaping an exciting app that’s changing how people travel and think about car ownership.
Learn more about our Engineering team here: https://www.beforeyouapply.com/team/engineering-at-turo
What You’ll Do
- You will build a world-class machine learning platform that will service a rapidly growing number of use-cases and functions across Turo.
- You will closely collaborate with data scientists to understand models under development, and take successful variants live into production.
- You will produce high-quality maintainable code, test it, collaboratively review it and ship it.
- You will identify areas to improve and scale our architecture and application design.
- You will develop tools and utilities to diagnose and fix problems.
- Ensure proper technical design and documentation.
- Work efficiently in a constantly changing and growing environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are desired.
- Bachelor's/Master’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field
- 7+ years experience shipping highly-scalable code to production.
- Fluent in at least one language - e.g., Python, Ruby, Go, C, or Java.
- Possess strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, database concepts, distributed systems, and search.
- Experience in deploying machine learning models into production environments with highly impactful successful outcomes.
- Strong communicator. Explaining complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers is no problem for you.
- Technical leader driving large and complex projects impactful to the business.
- Enjoy solving problems and helping others meet their goals.
- Passionate about search, streaming, database or other backend technologies.
- Experience in container orchestration systems such as kubernetes and infrastructure as code tools such as terraform.
- Experience with logging, monitoring and alerting systems and tools.
- Competitive salary, equity, benefits, and perks for all full-time employees
- Employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance (Country specific)
- Retirement employer match
- $2,000 Learning & Development stipend to invest in your professional development
- $1,000 USD Turo host matching and $1,500 USD vehicle reimbursement program
- $100 USD Monthly Turo travel credit
- Cell phone, internet and Fringe benefit stipend
- Paid time off to relax and recharge
- Paid holidays, volunteer time off, and parental leave
- For those who are in the office full-time or hybrid we have weekly in-office lunch, office snacks, and fun activities
- Annual Turbo Week (week-long, company-wide conference)
Turo is the world’s largest car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, France and the UK. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership. A pioneer of the sharing economy and the travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community where the car you book is part of a story, not a fleet.
Turo cultivates a team of smart, critical thinkers who care about their work and their colleagues. We are always on the lookout for supportive, down-to-earth, pioneering, and efficient people to grow our team's talent and enrich our culture.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. When in doubt, please apply!