This is a fantastic opportunity to join our growing People Operations team. The Benefits and Leave Analyst is part of our newly created Total Rewards team and will play a key role in supporting our global benefits and leave programs. You will serve as an internal resource for our employees, who we affectionately call Turists, as well as liaise with our external benefits consultants. While we would like to prioritize hiring in both Phoenix, Arizona and San Francisco, California, we are open to remote candidates, as well.
What You’ll Do:
- Administer U.S. and international benefit programs including but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, disability, life, flexible spending, wellness and perks (perquisites).
- Administer U.S. and international retirement benefits.
- Assist with annual renewal and open enrollment activities including reviewing communications and enrollment system testing.
- Work with benefits brokers to manage vendor relationships including troubleshooting weekly vendor file feeds/integrations.
- Conduct new employee benefits orientations.
- Partner with third party administrators to investigate discrepancies, claim issues, and provide information in non-routine situations.
- Partner with the payroll team to ensure proper benefits deductions or payments are made on a timely basis.
- Gather employee insights by conducting employee surveys and/or focus groups and analyzing responses.
- Respond to benefit related questions.
- Review and approve benefit elections in the enrollment system (ADP).
- Assist with Wellness events and initiatives.
- Coordinate health fairs, flu shots and biometrics.
- Manage benefits compliance audits and reporting.
Leave of Absence
- Effectively support all LOA administration cases to include general administration and compliance with Federal, State and local regulations related to leaves including FMLA, CFRA, PDL, PFL, ADA, and company specific leave programs such as Paid Parental Leave.
- Provide excellent customer service by ensuring timely responses while offering education along with expert guidance to all potential LOA inquiries.
- Monitor and identity opportunities for efficiencies within the leave process and system, to ensure they are efficient and compliant.
- Participate in and support the People Ops team with specific LOA and compliance projects.
- Work closely with People Business Partners and managers to provide suggestions and guidance as it relates to leave policy, processes and specific employee scenarios that may need additional attention.
- Properly engage with employees in the interactive process and document the process concerning reasonable accommodations.
- Provide Leave of Absence reports to People Operations leadership.
- Attend educational webinars and workshops to continue to stay up to date on the changing environment of leave of absence administration.
- 5+ years experience in global employee benefit plan and leave of absence administration including at least 2 international countries.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- CEBS and/or PHR certifications are a plus.
- A working knowledge of ERISA, COBRA, Internal Revenue Codes (as they apply to health and welfare plans), and other statutes governing employer sponsored benefit plans is needed for this position.
- Strong Knowledge of Federal, State and local regulations related to leaves including FMLA, state specific entitlements, ADA, company specific leave programs and all associated wage replacement options.
- Strong computer skills such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint are required.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills in order to provide a positive employee experience.
- Ability to advise and recommend processes to increase efficiencies.
- Develop strong and trusting relationships to foster long-term client relationships resulting in effective client management.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Technical job knowledge, a “hands-on” approach, combined with strong communications, problem solving and relationship building skills are critical.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Manage multiple conflicting priorities.
- Flexible and available to interact with employees at all levels.
- Self-directed and motivated.
- Take initiative to identify and anticipate client needs and make recommendations for implementation.
- Exhibits Turo’s values of supportive, efficient, down to earth, and pioneering.
- Competitive salary, equity, benefits, and perks for all full-time employees
- Employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance (Country specific)
- Retirement employer match
- $2,000 Learning & Development stipend to invest in your professional development
- $1,000 USD Turo host matching and $1,500 USD vehicle reimbursement program
- $100 USD Monthly Turo travel credit
- Cell phone, internet and Fringe benefit stipend
- Paid time off to relax and recharge
- Paid holidays, volunteer time off, and parental leave
- For those who are in the office full-time or hybrid we have weekly in-office lunch, office snacks, and fun activities
- Annual Turbo Week (week-long, company-wide conference)
Turo is the world’s largest car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, France and the UK. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership. A pioneer of the sharing economy and the travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community where the car you book is part of a story, not a fleet.
Turo cultivates a team of smart, critical thinkers who care about their work and their colleagues. We are always on the lookout for supportive, down-to-earth, pioneering, and efficient people to grow our team's talent and enrich our culture.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. When in doubt, please apply!