We are looking for brilliant software engineers who have a passion for consumer products and want to join an exceptional team that is changing the way people think about travel. We ship code daily, A/B test extensively, and have a primary role in creating the product from inception to implementation. There’s much to do, and you’ll be responsible for making some real cool stuff happen.
Our APIs, internal services, and web app are at the core of our stable of software that’s reinventing mobility. Be a member of a small team of talented engineers and designers and play a major role in shaping an exciting app that’s changing how people travel.
Learn more about our Engineering team here: https://www.beforeyouapply.com/team/engineering-at-turo
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate extensively with product management, design, and other engineers.
- Produce high-quality code, test it, collaboratively review it, ship it.
- Ensure proper technical design and documentation.
- Proactively identify areas to improve and scale our architecture and application design.
- Understand key technical components and drive them forward in innovative ways.
- Provide architectural input to product-related decisions.
- Develop tools and utilities to diagnose (and fix!) performance problems.
- Design, build, and evaluate features in very short periods of time. Iterate. Repeat.
- Work efficiently in a constantly changing and growing environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are desired.
- Minimum 7 years of professional experience
- Experience with mobile-first development (Android, iPhone, or mobile websites)
- Experience shipping production code that scales
- Ability to take a project and deliver on it
- Committed to improving the quality of the platform on a daily basis
- Deep system design skills to build highly-scalable and robust services
- Team player who enjoys sharing knowledge with colleagues
- Great communicator with outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- A critical eye for design and usability: your opinion matters to the rest of the team.
- Experience across the stack: back-end, CI tools, etc
- Competitive salary, equity, benefits, and perks for all full-time employees
- Employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance (Country specific)
- Retirement employer match
- $2,000 Learning & Development stipend to invest in your professional development
- $1,000 USD Turo host matching and $1,500 USD vehicle reimbursement program
- $100 USD Monthly Turo travel credit
- Cell phone, internet and Fringe benefit stipend
- Paid time off to relax and recharge
- Paid holidays, volunteer time off, and parental leave
- For those who are in the office full-time or hybrid we have weekly in-office lunch, office snacks, and fun activities
- Annual Turbo Week (week-long, company-wide conference)
Turo is the world’s largest car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, France and the UK. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership. A pioneer of the sharing economy and the travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community where the car you book is part of a story, not a fleet.
Turo cultivates a team of smart, critical thinkers who care about their work and their colleagues. We are always on the lookout for supportive, down-to-earth, pioneering, and efficient people to grow our team's talent and enrich our culture.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. When in doubt, please apply!