We are looking for brilliant software engineers for our team. You should have a passion for consumer products and want to help us achieve our goal of bringing Turo to everyone. We push code daily, A/B test extensively, and have a primary role in experimenting with new ideas from inception to implementation. There’s much to do, and you’ll be responsible for making some really cool stuff happen.
Do you love iOS? From booking your next trip to picking up a car, our iOS app is integral to the Turo experience. Be a member of a small team of talented engineers and play a major role in shaping an exciting app that’s changing how people travel and think about car ownership.
Learn more about our Engineering team here: https://www.beforeyouapply.com/team/engineering-at-turo
What you'll do
- Use the latest technologies to enable a first-class iOS experience.
- Produce high-quality maintainable code, test it, collaboratively review it, and ship it.
- Collaborate extensively with product managers, designers, and engineers to develop product features that drive our metrics.
- Diagnose and resolve bugs.
- Identify areas to improve and scale our architecture.
- Ensure proper technical design and documentation.
- Work efficiently in a constantly changing and growing environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are desired.
- You love developing iOS apps and possess a real passion for the platform.
- You have 3+ years of professional experience shipping iOS apps available on the App Store.
- You are fluent in Objective-C and Swift and are well-versed in Auto Layout, Storyboard, and UIKit.
- You have an extensive understanding of the Cocoa framework.
- You are a strong communicator; explaining complex technical concepts and trade-offs to product managers, designers, and engineers is no problem for you.
- Your code review feedback is sought after and respected.
- You enjoy solving problems and helping others meet their goals.
Bonus points if
- You have a track-record of shipping features that created an impact.
- You have an excellent understanding of networking, concurrency, and threading.
- You have experience writing applications for multi-platform projects that include watchOS or tvOS.
- Competitive salary, equity, benefits, and perks for all full-time employees
- Employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance (Country specific)
- Retirement employer match
- $2,000 Learning & Development stipend to invest in your professional development
- $1,000 USD Turo host matching and $1,500 USD vehicle reimbursement program
- $100 USD Monthly Turo travel credit
- Cell phone, internet and Fringe benefit stipend
- Paid time off to relax and recharge
- Paid holidays, volunteer time off, and parental leave
- For those who are in the office full-time or hybrid we have weekly in-office lunch, office snacks, and fun activities
- Annual Turbo Week (week-long, company-wide conference)
Turo is the world’s largest car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, France and the UK. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership. A pioneer of the sharing economy and the travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community where the car you book is part of a story, not a fleet.
Turo cultivates a team of smart, critical thinkers who care about their work and their colleagues. We are always on the lookout for supportive, down-to-earth, pioneering, and efficient people to grow our team's talent and enrich our culture.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. When in doubt, please apply!