Turo’s mission is to put the world’s 1.5 billion+ vehicles to better use. To achieve our ambitious mission, we are looking for pioneering, mission-driven, and supportive Engineering Managers to lead our engineering efforts. Our engineering managers are people with varying technical backgrounds—some are more hands-on with technical details and actively code while others provide general technical direction and oversight.
The DevOps team is responsible for building the tools and infrastructure that allow us to deploy, scale, monitor, and debug all of our systems.
As engineering manager of the devops team, you’ll lead a cross-functional team of talented software engineers that builds tools and systems that support our services and infrastructure and guarantee the scalability, reliability, and security of the platform.
Learn more about our Engineering team here: https://www.beforeyouapply.com/team/engineering-at-turo
What you'll do
- Collaborate extensively with other engineers to build tools and systems that support our services and allow engineers to deliver high quality software.
- Provide technical mentorship to your team as we balance between building sustainable, high-impact projects and shipping them quickly.
- Work with your product development and platform engineering to build a roadmap based upon key business metrics.
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of your team members.
- We help engineers with their career growth by assigning them to projects tailored to their skill levels, personalities, work styles, and professional goals.
- Build plans for prioritizing technical and resourcing challenges in your organization.
- Work closely with the Turo recruiting team to hire high potential candidates from diverse backgrounds.
- 2+ years of management experience
- 4+ years of devops engineering experience
- As a passionate and confident leader, you take pride and ownership in the work you and your team do.
- You have experience with architectural patterns and anti-patterns of large, high-scale consumer applications.
- You bias toward taking action, using the best available data to justify your actions and opinions, and make decisions that move the business forward.
- You can effectively hire, mentor, and develop career plans for engineers of all levels.
- You lead by example, holding yourself to the same standards you set for your team.
- You are a strong communicator: sharing knowledge upward, downward, and across the organization. You relish a regular cadence of one-on-one discussions with each team member.
- You have a proven understanding of business metrics and are able to suggest and scope product feature work to maximize the business impact.
- You enjoy solving complex problems and helping others meet their goals.
- Explaining complex technical concepts to designers, product managers, and engineers is no problem for you.
- Competitive salary and equity for all full-time employees
- Employer-paid medical, dental, vision insurance, and 401k match
- Flexible paid time off, 11 paid holidays, paid volunteer time off, and paid parental leave
- Turo host matching and vehicle reimbursement program
- Monthly Fringe benefits stipend
- Monthly Turo travel credit
Turo is the world’s largest car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, and the UK. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership. A pioneer of the sharing economy and the travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community where the car you book is part of a story, not a fleet. Discover Turo at https://turo.com, the App Store, and Google Play, and check out our blog, Field Notes.
Turo has raised $450M to date from top-tier investors, including IAC, Daimler AG, Kleiner Perkins, GV, Canaan Partners, August Capital, and Shasta Ventures.
Turo cultivates a tight-knit team of smart, critical thinkers who care about their work and their colleagues. Our recruiting team is always on the lookout for supportive, down-to-earth, pioneering, and efficient candidates to grow our team's talent and enrich our culture.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. When in doubt, please apply!