Join Turo, the largest car sharing marketplace, as a Supervisor, Trust & Safety Investigations supporting our vibrant collection of car owners and travelers who inspire and fuel us every day.
You will lead and support a team responding to, investigating, and resolving assigned fraud and criminal cases, customer disputes and any other issues that affect the safety of our community and marketplace. We look for candidates with investigations and supervisory experience, superb judgment, strong interview and communication skills, and a desire to help us build a world-class program at Turo while supporting our global community of guests and hosts sharing vehicles.
This position will be working Sunday - Wednesday and reports to our Manager, Trust & Safety Investigations, in our Phoenix, AZ office.
**This is not a remote position and interested parties must reside in the Greater Phoenix area by the time of employment.**
Role & Responsibilities
- Proudly develop, lead, and support a team of 3-6 Trust & Safety Investigators
- Drive customer satisfaction, employee engagement and operational excellence
- Assess team’s ability and coach toward achievement of performance goals
- Collaborate with internal teams and external contractors to promote safety and security
- Maintain team protocols to reduce potential for customer and media escalations
- Communicate case developments, trends, and other insights to leadership team
- Manage projects from start to finish maintaining team alignment and prioritization
- Provide backup support for casework when necessary (up to 30% of work time)
- Celebrate excellent performance and empower your team to continuously improve
- 4+ years of investigations experience; preferably in e-commerce or related field
- 2+ years of supervisory or management experience with high performing teams
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, drive and embrace change
- Superb and dynamic communication, interpersonal, and investigative skills
- Commitment to high responsiveness and availability, strong ability to prioritize
- Can quickly adapt to new technology and systems: experience with case management systems, investigative tools including social media, Zendesk or other CRM systems, Google Docs, and MS Office preferred. Mac expertise is a plus.
- You are a team player with a positive mental attitude, high energy, high integrity, strong work ethic, enthusiasm, sense of humor, and a commitment to the mission
- Experience with vehicle recovery or law enforcement desirable
- BA/BS or work equivalent required
- Open to four-day schedule (Sunday to Wednesday, 8 am - 6:30 pm)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Employer paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Apple equipment
- Four weeks paid time off, 11 paid holidays, generous parental leave
- Weekly catered lunch
- Cell phone and gym monthly reimbursement
- Stocked kitchen and beverages
- Company-sponsored happy hours and team events
- Turo Host matching and vehicle reimbursement program
- Turo travel credit every month
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. When in doubt, please apply!