Turo is looking for a superstar IT Business Applications Manager to join our growing IT Operations team. The IT Business Applications Manager reports to the Director of IT and will assist with systems architecture roadmap and implementation strategies of business systems for the company. You will build and own internal business systems to ensure we are optimally leveraging tools, while architecting solutions that will scale. You will partner with business function owners to develop and execute a business systems plan that helps achieve our business goals, reduce security risks, and drive automation, while maintaining reliable and effective systems company-wide. This role is the internal expert on the overall use of applications and acts as the liaison between business operations, our internal IT infrastructure team and various vendors and partners.
This position is based in San Francisco and is not remote.
What You’ll Do
Strategy & Planning
- Ensure that applications meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify and resolve systems issues.
- Review and analyze existing applications effectiveness and efficiency, and then develop strategies for improving or leveraging these systems.
- Identify opportunities for integration and/or automation of those systems
- Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of application-usage best practices
- Perform ongoing analysis of buy versus build and customize only when necessary
- Empower the business in application procurement, implementation and development but maintain IT consultation and collaboration
- Continuous rationalization and awareness of how applications support business processes and operations
Acquisition & Deployment
- Research and make recommendations on software products and services in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Evaluate, install, configure, and deploy new applications, systems software, products, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout the enterprise.
- Collaborate with analysts, engineers, and system owners in the testing of new software programs and applications.
- Work with internal IT governance team to maintain central identity and access management control
- Analyze documentation and technical specifications of any new application under deployment or consideration to determine its intended functionality.
- Ensure that any new software integration into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and interface specifications.
- Design, develop, and install application enhancements and upgrades.
- Coordinate feasibility studies for software and system products under consideration for purchase, and give advice based on findings.
- Contribute to the pre-testing phase of development by evaluating proposals in order to identify potential problem areas, and make the appropriate recommendations.
- Negotiate contracts with software and service providers.
- Manage and provide direction for the application team in support of business operations.
- Improve end user experience satisfaction
- Compile and maintain inventory of company software and systems assets and their corresponding contracts/agreements.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with vendors.
- Develop and communicate training and documentation for end users, hold training workshops as necessary, and other user-related activities.
- Develop, distribute, and coordinate in-depth end-user reviews for modified and new systems or applications.
- Create standard operating procedures and protocols for software systems and take the lead on software upgrade events.
- Coordinate with IT Security to ensure proper security controls are implemented within the applications portfolio.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Science, and/or relevant industry certifications/experience.
- 5+ years of experience working with and improving Enterprise Business Systems
- Experience scaling the application portfolio to support for hyper growth
- Ability to architect detailed solutions in the Business and IT space
- Passionate about business systems such as ERP, CRM, HRIS, Business Intelligence, or similar.
- Extensive experience optimizing SaaS and Cloud host solutions
- Experience with Enterprise SaaS applications (such as G Suite, Slack, Box, Office365, Atlassian, etc.)
- Experience with scripting languages for automation and integrations
- Extensive experience with Identity Management and SSO technologies (Okta), in the context of User Lifecycle Management.
- Basic knowledge of Information Security best practices
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Ability to conduct research into application issues and products.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple, high priority projects with a keen attention to detail
- Exceptionally self-motivated and ability to perform duties under minimal supervision with a scrappy start-up mentality
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
- Competitive salary and equity for all full-time employees
- Employer-paid medical, dental, vision insurance, and 401k match
- Flexible paid time off, 9 paid holidays, paid volunteer time off, and paid parental leave
- Turo host matching and vehicle reimbursement program
- Monthly Fringe benefits stipend
- Monthly Turo travel credit
Turo is the world’s largest car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, and the UK. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership. A pioneer of the sharing economy and the travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community where the car you book is part of a story, not a fleet. Discover Turo at https://turo.com, the App Store, and Google Play, and check out our blog, Field Notes.
Turo has raised $450M to date from top-tier investors, including IAC, Daimler AG, Kleiner Perkins, GV, Canaan Partners, August Capital, and Shasta Ventures.
Turo cultivates a tight-knit team of smart, critical thinkers who care about their work and their colleagues. Our recruiting team is always on the lookout for supportive, down-to-earth, pioneering, and efficient candidates to grow our team's talent and enrich our culture.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. When in doubt, please apply!