We are looking for a highly driven Tax Technology Manager to join the team. Reporting to the Head of Tax, this position will lead tax technology efforts, including system implementations, ongoing tax maintenance and activations. Working closely with and as liaison between the tax team, product, and engineering team. This person will be the primary driver of technical process improvement initiatives for all software and system related tax functions. As a member of Turo’s tax team, you will be at the forefront of a rapidly expanding global organization. The ideal candidate for this position will have a strong understanding of general tax technology processes, excellent technical and communication skills, and the ability to partner effectively across business functions. With your passion for teamwork and ambitious, proactive style, you will make significant contributions to every aspect of our Tax function, managing and facilitating Turo’s phenomenal growth rate.
- Lead tax tool deployments and partner with stakeholders in product, and engineering to define the scope, execute implementation and ongoing maintenance of tax tool projects. Primarily on indirect tax needs.
- Participate in selection and implementation of tax tools including software packages, assessments of processes and data flows, tax systems implementation/configuration and overall digital tax transformation.
- Maintain system internal controls and documentation to support the tax technology tools.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot tax tools and ERP interfaces as needed.
- Manage state and local audit data extractions, reconcile tax reporting to the ERP systems where required.
- Gain clear and concise knowledge of the business, including understanding tax positions related to marketplace operations.
- Proactively identify process automation and improvement opportunities, evaluate technology options, and provide recommendations to tax leaders.
- Support the tax leadership’s vision for automation of tax processes globally, by aligning best-in-class software with the corporate product and ERP system.
- Strong understanding of tax-related data analytics.
- Other tax technology projects as required or needed.
- Minimum 6+ years of tax technology experience with public accounting and/or tax software companies. Big 4 experience is a plus.
- Good technical skills on indirect tax, information technology, data management, and product infrastructure.
- Experience with OneSource, Vertex, Avalara, or similar indirect tax engine.
- Strong understanding of tax data flow between organizational systems, technical architecture, integrations, data pipelines between ERP and tax systems.
- General understanding of corporate tax framework, transfer pricing, tax compliance, tax reporting and tax audit data needs.
- General understanding of the SOX internal controls framework surrounding systems and information technology, including but not limited to Service and Organizations Controls reports.
- Ability to collaborate and work with a diverse team of tax, accounting, engineering and product colleagues to impact changes across functional and business boundaries.
- Project management skills, with extreme attention to detail.
- The ability to accurately identify problems and apply strong problem-solving skills to obtain resolution.
- Self-motivation and drive, with a passion for teamwork.
- Competitive salary and equity for all full-time employees
- Employer-paid medical, dental, vision insurance, and 401k match
- 4 weeks paid time off, 9 paid holidays, paid volunteer time off, and paid parental leave
- Turo host matching and vehicle reimbursement program
- Monthly Fringe benefits stipend
- Monthly Turo travel credit
Turo is the world’s largest car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, and the UK. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership. A pioneer of the sharing economy and the travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community where the car you book is part of a story, not a fleet. Discover Turo at https://turo.com, the App Store, and Google Play, and check out our blog, Field Notes.
Turo has raised $500M to date from top-tier investors, including IAC, Daimler AG, Kleiner Perkins, GV, Canaan Partners, August Capital, and Shasta Ventures.
Turo cultivates a tight-knit team of smart, critical thinkers who care about their work and their colleagues. Our recruiting team is always on the lookout for supportive, down-to-earth, pioneering, and efficient candidates to grow our team's talent and enrich our culture.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. When in doubt, please apply!