Turo is searching for a highly motivated and versatile IT Security Analyst to join our IT & Security governance team. Under the guidance of the IT Director, and working closely with our Sr. Security Engineer, you will own the responsibilities of monitoring company networks and systems for security vulnerabilities, implementing and maintaining appropriate security software, test current security controls, update IT & security governance policies, build and maintain SOC services, assist with security assessments and audits, and implement changes to security systems as necessary. Data is vital to the strategic vision of Turo. Therefore, data must always be secure from unauthorized access. The successful candidate will have advanced technical skills in securing cloud infrastructure, identity access management, incident detection and response and respective security services protocols.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate extensively with other Engineering Orgs to build, maintain and improve internal tooling to support and establish security best practices.
- Ensure that digital assets are protected from unauthorized access including both cloud and on-premise infrastructures and public-facing or internal systems.
- Install security measures, authentication protocols, hardware, and software to protect systems and information infrastructure, including firewalls and data encryption programs.
- Support efforts for monitoring, detecting, responding and investigating security incidents
- Support the deployment and operation of self-assessment programs such as bug bounties and penetration testing
- Maintain a security awareness training program for all employees.
- Aid in security audits driving industry standard benchmarks
- Assist in implementation and evaluation of regulatory compliance initiatives
- Support Engineering in implementing a “shift-left” security approach to development and foster a security mindset by working with different teams on design and architecture
- Bring your creativity to bear by proposing innovative approaches and emerging technologies to help solve security challenges
- Stay up to date on emerging information technology trends and security standards.
Desired Competencies and Experience
Successful candidates will have:
- 2+ years of experience in the Information Security or related domain(s)
- A BS or MS in computer science, information systems, engineering, or cybersecurity is required
- Strong knowledge of security concepts
- Experience with penetration testing and techniques and working with bug bounty programs
- Experience or knowledge with OWASP framework
- The demonstrable ability to identify and mitigate network and web application vulnerabilities and communicate with product and engineering team on how to avoid them
- Experience implementing and maintaining EDR, Container Security and cloud native security services.
- Relevant technical skills and experience with industry standard identity and access management solutions
- Experience working with configuration management tools, Infrastructure as Code practices, AWS and Kubernetes is a big plus
- One or more of these security certifications Security+, CISSP, CISA, GSEC, CGEIT or similar
- Experience with security audits such as ISO 27001/2, GDPR, CCPA, SOC2, SOX etc.
- The proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision and ability to perform and oversee complex tasks and prioritize multiple tasks based on overall strategic goals
- The capability to interface with multiple levels of the organization and to serve as an influencer and a team player
- Strong presentation, facilitation, and written/verbal communication skills
- Competitive salary and equity for all full-time employees
- Employer-paid medical, dental, vision insurance, and 401k match
- Flexible paid time off, 11 paid holidays, paid volunteer time off, and paid parental leave
- Turo host matching and vehicle reimbursement program
- Monthly Fringe benefits stipend
- Monthly Turo travel credit
Turo is the world’s largest car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, and the UK. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership. A pioneer of the sharing economy and the travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community where the car you book is part of a story, not a fleet. Discover Turo at https://turo.com, the App Store, and Google Play, and check out our blog, Field Notes.
Turo has raised $450M to date from top-tier investors, including IAC, Daimler AG, Kleiner Perkins, GV, Canaan Partners, August Capital, and Shasta Ventures.
Turo cultivates a tight-knit team of smart, critical thinkers who care about their work and their colleagues. Our recruiting team is always on the lookout for supportive, down-to-earth, pioneering, and efficient candidates to grow our team's talent and enrich our culture.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. When in doubt, please apply!