Turo is looking for an IT Desktop Support Analyst to provide enterprise-level support to our internal employees. The IT Desktop Support Analyst reports to the IT Service Desk Manager. Responsibilities for this role will include resolving network issues, configuring operating systems, maintaining our A/V infrastructure, assisting with company-wide deployments and providing helpdesk support. This person will diagnose and troubleshoot software and hardware problems and assist our users with issues on applications and programs. If you enjoy assisting people in solving their issues and are able to provide customer-oriented support, we’d like to meet you!
The Desktop Support Analyst will be required to be onsite in the office 5 days per week. This is not a remote position.
What You’ll Do
Job Duties and Responsibilities: The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an individual assigned to this job. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide tier 1 technical support with a service oriented mindset
- Research and identify solutions to software and hardware issues
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including account setup and network configuration
- Ask users targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem
- Track computer system issues through to resolution, within the agreed SLA
- Guide users with simple, step-by-step instructions
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate next level support personnel (e.g. Systems Administrator)
- Build and contribute to internal wiki/knowledge base with technical documentation, manuals and IT procedures
- Designs, develops and implements comprehensive, computer-based information systems to ensure users’ needs are met and data is processed according to company specifications and requirements.
- Assist with monitoring and maintaining Service Desk ticket queues
- Assist with monitoring and maintaining other systems such as (Anti-virus, Firewall, MDM, Identity Management)
- Maintain the asset inventory system and ensure all hardware/software allocations are logged
- Assist with internal onboarding and hardware provisioning
- Patch Management - Assisting users in updating their computers via MDM automation
- Recommends, develops, and optimize computer solutions. Evaluates effectiveness of programs and offers solutions to enhance effectiveness.
- Researches and makes recommendations on hardware and software purchases.
- The aptitude to learn - we don’t expect you to be an expert now, but we want you to become one quickly!
- Keeps up-to-date on information and technology affecting functional area(s) to increase innovation and ensure compliance.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of Information Technology or Computer Science. or relevant industry certifications/experience.
- 2+ years of proven work experience as a Desktop Support Analyst or IT Help Desk or similar role
- Hands-on experience with Mac OS/ Linux/Windows environments
- Hands-on experience with Video Conferencing systems (Zoom) and other communication tools
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
- Familiarity with Service desk ticketing systems (JIRA experience is plus)
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
- Experience with Mobile Device Management systems such as Kandji, JAMF, Intune, etc.
- Experience with Enterprise SaaS applications (such as Gsuite, Slack, Box, Office365, etc)
- Experience with workflow automation tools such as BetterCloud, Zapier, Workato, etc
- General understanding on Identity Management and SSO technologies (Okta)
- Basic knowledge of Information Security best practices
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple, high priority projects with a keen attention to detail
- Exceptionally self-motivated and ability to perform duties under minimal supervision
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
- Additional certification in Apple OSX or similar technologies is a plus
- Bash scripting is a plus
- An energetic and individual with a positive, “can-do” attitude
- Initiative – maintain a level of energy and work to achieve goals
- Dependable – Working independently with little direction
- Sense of urgency – delivers on commitments in a timely and consistent manner
- Problem Solving – Demonstrate ability to sort complex issues, take all critical information into account, and make timely decisions
- Competitive salary and equity for all full-time employees
- Employer-paid medical, dental, vision insurance, and 401k match
- Flexible paid time off, 11 paid holidays, paid volunteer time off, and paid parental leave
- Turo host matching and vehicle reimbursement program
- Monthly Fringe benefits stipend
- Monthly Turo travel credit
Turo is the world’s largest car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, and the UK. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership. A pioneer of the sharing economy and the travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community where the car you book is part of a story, not a fleet. Discover Turo at https://turo.com, the App Store, and Google Play, and check out our blog, Field Notes.
Turo has raised $450M to date from top-tier investors, including IAC, Daimler AG, Kleiner Perkins, GV, Canaan Partners, August Capital, and Shasta Ventures.
Turo cultivates a tight-knit team of smart, critical thinkers who care about their work and their colleagues. Our recruiting team is always on the lookout for supportive, down-to-earth, pioneering, and efficient candidates to grow our team's talent and enrich our culture.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. When in doubt, please apply!