We are committed to building a diverse team. If you're from a background that's underrepresented in tech, we'd particularly love to meet you.
We believe cohesive, thoughtful design is the tie that binds our products, services, and touch-points together and is central to Turo's mission of putting the world's 1.5+ billion cars to better use.
About Our Team:
We're a supportive, down-to-earth team of designers who work closely with researchers, data analysts, product managers, engineers, and other cross-functional peers to ideate, evaluate, and iterate on well-crafted user experiences. We're fully committed to the belief that design fuels outstanding experiences—at Turo, there's no need to sell the value of design, we're already devotees.
Your Role And Impact:
You'll report to the VP of Design and grow a team of designers committed to bringing innovation to one of our product's most visible areas: finding and booking a car. You'll collaborate to craft a user experience strategy that makes an impact by seamlessly integrating our user needs with our business objectives and be comfortable communicating the plan at all levels within the company. On a typical day, you'll give feedback in design reviews, coach your team through complex problem spaces, manage trade offs with your cross-functional peers, lead strategic design initiatives to help set experiential 'north stars' that crystalize the design vision and contribute to an article about Turo Design to share with the Design community.
- Be an influential leader in our design team, and craft a compelling long-term design strategy and product vision
- Attract and hire great product design talent, coach Product Designers to help them grow
- Lead the design process for your team—from problem definition to design implementation
- Partner with product, engineering, data and research to ensure projects are well-defined, high impact, and successfully executed
- Guide products towards solutions that are unquestionably intuitive for our community and deliver successful business outcomes
- Work closely with design leadership to define and improve our design tools and operations
- Deliver forward-thinking ‘north star’ designs that help propel us forward
- 2+ years of professional experience managing a design team
- 8+ years of experience designing mobile products that have shipped to the public
- A portfolio of work executed either by yourself or a team that you led demonstrating your talent designing for native mobile experiences with stories of how your contributions made an impact
- Experience working cross-functionally to drive strategy, vision, and execution
- Comfortable juggling a wide range of responsibilities at the same time, including appetite and aptitude for infrequently stepping in to execute designs
- A collaborative, low-ego approach to working with others
- Experience designing for transportation-related products
- Competitive salary and equity for all full-time employees
- Employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance and 401k match
- Flexible paid time off, 9 paid holidays, paid volunteer time off, and paid parental leave
- Turo host matching and vehicle reimbursement program
- Monthly Fringe benefits stipend
- Monthly Turo travel credit
Turo is the world’s largest car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, and the UK. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership. A pioneer of the sharing economy and the travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community where the car you book is part of a story, not a fleet. Discover Turo at https://turo.com, the App Store, and Google Play, and check out our blog, Field Notes.
Turo has raised $500M to date from top-tier investors, including IAC, Daimler AG, Kleiner Perkins, GV, Canaan Partners, August Capital, and Shasta Ventures.
Turo cultivates a tight-knit team of smart, critical thinkers who care about their work and their colleagues. Our recruiting team is always on the lookout for supportive, down-to-earth, pioneering, and efficient candidates to grow our team's talent and enrich our culture.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. When in doubt, please apply!