We are a group of creative, mission-driven marketplace and car enthusiasts who want to put the world’s 1.5B+ cars to better use. We are seeking an experienced and strategic individual to join our team in San Francisco or Phoenix as Director of Business Development and Strategic Partnerships, Host. This incredible opportunity requires deep knowledge of the vehicle financing and purchasing market, exceptional project management and analytical skills, strategic thinking abilities, prioritization skills, stakeholder management, and influencing, both externally and internally.
No day is the same at Turo business development. You will be responsible for developing the comprehensive strategy, and identifying, evaluating, and executing partnerships that will drive the growth and profitability of Turo’s incredible Host community. You will build a range of strategic partnerships while collaborating with senior executives and members of the business development team.
The ideal candidate will be hyper-focused on developing, executing, and managing partnerships that add strategic value to Turo host community’s businesses. You will fully own meaningful components of our business development strategy and roadmap and help revolutionize the future of mobility and car ownership. This is a unique career opportunity that offers incredible potential for personal and professional growth.
What You’ll Do
- Develop the strategy, build the infrastructure, and execute strategic partnerships that will provide Turo Host community with new financing and purchasing options and enable them to reach new levels of scale and profitability
- Design and execute first-of-a-kind partnerships with various industry players, particularly focusing on Host vehicle financing and purchasing
- Identify Host barriers to growth and develop partnerships and strategies to overcome the blockers and unlock growth
- Launch, manage and grow strategic partners to align with and exceed Turo’s objectives and key metrics
- Model, track and analyze partnerships’ key performance indicators to report on metrics such as unit economics, return on investment or incrementally
- Own reporting of the partnerships performance, participating in regular business reviews with leadership and stakeholders
- Partner on internal product roadmaps from definition to launch. Creatively structure or brainstorm product solutions with both external partners and internal stakeholders.
- Develop scalable processes to manage complex and nuanced partnerships and integrations.
- Represent partners internally and Turo externally with partners’ management teams and at industry events
- Partner closely with Product, Engineering, Marketing, PR, Legal and company leadership
- Hire, develop, and manage a team of Partnership Managers
- 10+ years of relevant work experience. Prior experience in strategy / business development / partnerships preferred.
- Experience with a two-sided marketplace is a big plus
- Deep understanding of and extensive experience with vehicle financing and purchasing
- Demonstrated success in launching and scaling partnerships, products and programs focused on growing user engagement or revenue
- Strong communication, presentation skills, and executive presence
- Track record of delivering mutually successful business outcomes
- Independent self-starter, who’s comfortable with minimal oversight and supervision, and enjoys pioneering new approaches and directions, while also being rigorous in the evaluation of results
- Analytical skill set, with meaningful experience defining, tracking and quantifying ROI of partnerships
- Competitive salary and equity for all full-time employees
- Employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance and 401k match
- Flexible paid time off, 9 paid holidays, paid volunteer time off, and paid parental leave
- Turo host matching and vehicle reimbursement program
- Monthly Fringe benefits stipend
- Monthly Turo travel credit
Turo is the world’s largest car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, and the UK. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership. A pioneer of the sharing economy and the travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community where the car you book is part of a story, not a fleet. Discover Turo at https://turo.com, the App Store, and Google Play, and check out our blog, Field Notes.
Turo has raised $450M to date from top-tier investors, including IAC, Daimler AG, Kleiner Perkins, GV, Canaan Partners, August Capital, and Shasta Ventures.
Turo cultivates a tight-knit team of smart, critical thinkers who care about their work and their colleagues. Our recruiting team is always on the lookout for supportive, down-to-earth, pioneering, and efficient candidates to grow our team's talent and enrich our culture.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. When in doubt, please apply!