This is a rare opportunity to lead key initiatives to help transform Turo’s Operations. You will collaborate with stakeholders across Turo to deliver critical projects. You will conduct data analysis to inform decision making. You will report to the head of Business Operations and will interface with Turo Leadership including the VP of Operations and Head of Customer Support. You will get to make an impact on the Operations of a high-growth technology company in San Francisco.
What You’ll Do
- Analytics and reporting Prepare strategic data analysis for the operations team; prepare reports for day-to-day decision making and use data to make strategic recommendations
- Strategic Initiatives Lead the implementation of initiatives critical to scaling and improving Turo’s 1,000+ person operations team, ranging from software implementations, to process overhauls, to implementing new organizational structures etc…
- Internal tools Implement process and technology changes in various SaaS systems e.g., Kustomer, Solvvy, Ujet etc.
- Vendor management Support contract renewals and negotiations with SaaS vendors
- You are interested in technology businesses and enjoy solving challenging problems
- You’re well-rounded, comfortable with tackling ambiguous business problems, engaging with stakeholders and getting into the weeds of operational challenges.
- You have 2+ years of management consulting experience or 4+ years experience in a similar role at a technology company.
- You’re an expert in a variety of analytical tools, including Excel
- You’re self-driven and highly motivated, with a sense of ownership from start to finish.
- You have strong verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Competitive salary and equity for all full-time employees
- Employer-paid medical, dental, vision insurance, and 401k match
- Flexible paid time off, 9 paid holidays, paid volunteer time off, and paid parental leave
- Turo host matching and vehicle reimbursement program
- Monthly Fringe benefits stipend
- Monthly Turo travel credit
Turo is the world’s largest car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, and the UK. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership. A pioneer of the sharing economy and the travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community where the car you book is part of a story, not a fleet. Discover Turo at https://turo.com, the App Store, and Google Play, and check out our blog, Field Notes.
Turo has raised $450M to date from top-tier investors, including IAC, Daimler AG, Kleiner Perkins, GV, Canaan Partners, August Capital, and Shasta Ventures.
Turo cultivates a tight-knit team of smart, critical thinkers who care about their work and their colleagues. Our recruiting team is always on the lookout for supportive, down-to-earth, pioneering, and efficient candidates to grow our team's talent and enrich our culture.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. When in doubt, please apply!