We are seeking our first Director of SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting! This is a critical and high-profile role with the unique opportunity to roll up your sleeves and build the external reporting process from the ground up, support building Turo’s technical accounting policies and work on complex transactions. This role will play an integral part in Turo’s growth and success and will be part of a savvy accounting team. This position will also provide technical advisory support to the broader accounting team and will collaborate closely with cross functional departments including Legal, Investor Relations, FP&A and Stock Administration as well as interface with outside technical advisors and auditors. This position reports to the SVP of Accounting, Corporate Controller.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, a great communicator and enjoys collaborating with people with a diverse set of talents. We are looking for someone with strong technical accounting skills, who is passionate about delivering quality results and driving continual improvement in a dynamic, high-growth environment.
- Lead the design and buildout of the SEC reporting structure, including implementation and management of external reporting software solution
- Oversee the Company’s financial reporting process and future SEC reporting (S-1 / S-4, 10-Q’s, 10-K’s, proxy statements, earnings releases, etc.)
- Create and maintain internal and future external reporting calendar, coordinate key timelines and deliverables, and work collaboratively with various business partners to ensure timely, accurate and complete reporting and future public filings
- Work with SEC in drafting responses to comment letters, pre-clearance of technical issues and clearing proxy and proforma and other disclosure requirements
- Develop and maintain effective internal controls in relation to the financial reporting process
- Responsible for assessment and implementation of all technical accounting topics impacting the company, including evaluation, documentation and communication of all new accounting standards, SEC reporting and general reporting trends
- Proactively research, analyze and benchmark the disclosures of peer companies, competitors and industry trends
- Develop and manage strong, collaborative relationships with peers in finance and business partners across the organization to understand the business and apply that knowledge to the financial statements and reporting
- Work closely with external auditors, business leaders and senior management to ensure communication of critical issues in a timely manner
- Develop and maintain a monthly and quarterly reporting deck for accounting leadership and BOD purposes
- Develop key reports from Netsuite to support monthly and quarterly reporting; work cross functionally to gather key financial metrics to support month end fluctuation analysis and support monthly reporting
- Establish, develop and maintain Turo’s critical accounting policies
- Lead or participate in special projects as needed
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field of study
- CPA certification, active license status required
- 10+ years of experience, preferably with combination of experience with a Big 4 public accounting firm and relevant financial reporting experience at a public company
- Strong technical accounting background with a thorough knowledge of US GAAP, SOX and SEC reporting standards, as well as experience with technical research and preparation of accounting position papers
- Excellent verbal, written, and listening skills as well as ability to effectively use accounting knowledge to collaborate, guide, and interact professionally with a wide range of personnel at various levels within the organization to drive sound business decisions
- Ability to clearly and concisely document and effectively communicate complex accounting and reporting issues to finance and non-finance personnel
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with great attention to details
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, multi-task efficiently and manage individuals
- Demonstrated integrity and professionalism
- Passionate and enthusiastic about remaining up to date on current trends and practices
- NetSuite experience a plus
- Familiar with Workiva or other external reporting platforms
- Competitive salary and equity for all full-time employees
- Employer-paid medical, dental, vision insurance, and 401k match
- Flexible paid time off, 10 paid holidays, paid volunteer time off, and paid parental leave
- Turo host matching and vehicle reimbursement program
- $2k annual Learning & Development stipend
- Monthly Fringe benefits stipend
- Monthly Turo travel credit
Turo is the world’s largest car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, and the UK. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership. A pioneer of the sharing economy and the travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community where the car you book is part of a story, not a fleet. Discover Turo at https://turo.com, the App Store, and Google Play, and check out our blog, Field Notes.
Turo has raised $450M to date from top-tier investors, including IAC, Daimler AG, Kleiner Perkins, GV, Canaan Partners, August Capital, and Shasta Ventures.
Turo cultivates a tight-knit team of smart, critical thinkers who care about their work and their colleagues. Our recruiting team is always on the lookout for supportive, down-to-earth, pioneering, and efficient candidates to grow our team's talent and enrich our culture.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. When in doubt, please apply!