We are looking for a claims supervisor to join us as part of our claims team in Phoenix, AZ. This is an exciting opportunity to help continue to grow our new office and take part in a high energy work environment for a rapidly growing company with global ambitions. If you’re looking to make a real impact on an exciting part of the business, come join our team! This position reports to our Claims Manager.
What You’ll Do
- Lead and oversee a team of 5 to 8 claims associates and specialists
- Identify and drive ongoing improvements to our policies and procedures
- Foster a high quality work environment that inspires the team to deliver a world-class claims experience to our customers
- Collaborate with your peers, team, supervisors and our outside vendors to continue to improve results
- Hire, onboard, develop and mentor your team
- Handle escalations of difficult situations
- Meet KPIs for customer satisfaction, financial performance, and employee satisfaction
- Complete weekly aged pending reports and reviews
- Payment authority and coverage reviews for all team members
- Vendor management assistance and review
- Facilitate training and knowledge checks
- Review recovery efforts on all claims
- Daily metric reviews of your team
- Monthly scorecard updates and analysis
- Additional leadership assignments monthly
- High level decision making
- Multitasking different projects and prioritizing at a moments notice
- This role may require oversight for teams working on a Saturday - Wednesday schedule.
- Strongly prefer 2+ years experience in claims handling, including claims terminology, case study, and or underwriting.
- Strong understanding of relevant data and metrics to drive results
- BA/BS preferred
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- State licensing desirable (but not required)
- Exceptional personal qualities and people skills
- Outstanding conflict resolution and de-escalation skills
- Be influential and passionate about leading and developing people
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, drive and embrace change
- Excellent follow-through, attention to detail, and with minimal need for supervision
- Must be a team player, with positive mental attitude, high energy, high integrity, strong work ethic, enthusiasm, sense of humor, and a commitment to the mission
- Commitment to high responsiveness and availability
- Strong proficiency with technology such as: Claims Management systems, CRM systems, Google Docs, MS Office, mobile systems. Mac expertise a plus
- Competitive salary and equity for all full-time employees
- Employer-paid medical, dental, vision insurance, and 401k match
- Flexible paid time off, 9 paid holidays, paid volunteer time off, and paid parental leave
- Turo host matching and vehicle reimbursement program
- Monthly Fringe benefits stipend
- Monthly Turo travel credit
Turo is the world’s largest car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, and the UK. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership. A pioneer of the sharing economy and the travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community where the car you book is part of a story, not a fleet. Discover Turo at https://turo.com, the App Store, and Google Play, and check out our blog, Field Notes.
Turo has raised $450M to date from top-tier investors, including IAC, Daimler AG, Kleiner Perkins, GV, Canaan Partners, August Capital, and Shasta Ventures.
Turo cultivates a tight-knit team of smart, critical thinkers who care about their work and their colleagues. Our recruiting team is always on the lookout for supportive, down-to-earth, pioneering, and efficient candidates to grow our team's talent and enrich our culture.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. When in doubt, please apply!