We’re looking for an entrepreneurial and customer-orientated Account Executive to join Turo’s growing Business Development team in London. As the growth of our UK business continues to accelerate we’re looking for someone to manage our key accounts (‘power hosts’) as well as help foster a vibrant community of more than 275,000 Turo hosts and guests across the UK.
As our first Account Executive, you will be an expert in what it takes to build and scale a successful business on the Turo marketplace. Using these insights, you will be responsible for working with our hosts to grow their revenue and build their business. A key part of this role will be identifying and qualifying hosts who show early signs of high potential and helping them achieve it.
In addition, you will develop and execute a community engagement strategy. This role is cross-functional and includes working with marketing to create compelling email campaigns, hosting guides, video content and more, such as managing high profile bookings / trips with influencers. You’ll also own bespoke coaching calls, hosting community webinars/events and more.
This role requires a positive can-do attitude, the ability to build strong relationships and a data driven approach to testing out new ideas.
- Learn and become the go-to expert in what it takes to become a successful power host.
- Fully own and manage the key accounts funnel - identify new leads and develop them into fully fledged Turo power hosts.
- Build lasting and valuable relationships with our power hosts.
- Educate our host community on how to succeed with Turo by producing compelling email campaigns, bespoke coaching calls, guides, video content, and webinars.
- Develop and execute a community engagement strategy, organise member events, and make our community’s voice heard across the entire company.
- Cultivate a database of community evangelists for marketing content, social media profiles, public relations opportunities, and community forums.
- Gather user experience feedback, conduct surveys, and share findings with the relevant teams at Turo - we want to ensure Turo remains competitive and valuable for our power hosts.
- This is an evolving role - we're a small team in a dynamic startup environment; you may be called upon to support the Business Development team in other capacities.
- Undergraduate degree (2:1 of higher)
- Fluent in English
- Proficient oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and handle multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Entrepreneurial and a self-motivated problem solver
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic startup environment; you’ll have guidance when you need it, but you’re also goal oriented and can execute independently
- Critically analyse processes and strategy; suggesting, exploring, and testing alternative approaches
- Passion for building stronger communities and a more sustainable economy. You want to work at a company that will impact our society, transportation, and the environment
- You’re a real people person with superb interpersonal skills. You’re not afraid to immerse yourself in our community
Nice to have
- 1-2 years of account management experience
- Familiarity with Salesforce/CRM
- Latest Apple equipment
- Early stage opportunity at a fast-growing startup
- Work in a great space in Oxford Circus
- $100/month of Turo travel credit
- Private health and dental
- Biannual trips to San Francisco and Phoenix
Turo is the world’s largest peer-to-peer car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, and the UK. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership. A pioneer of the sharing economy and the travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community where the car you book is part of a story, not a fleet. Discover Turo at turo.com, the App Store, and Google Play, and check out our blog, Field Notes.
Turo has raised $500M to date from top-tier investors, including IAC, Daimler AG, Kleiner Perkins, GV, Canaan Partners, August Capital, and Shasta Ventures.
Turo cultivates a tight-knit team of smart, critical thinkers who care about their work and their colleagues. Our recruiting team is always on the lookout for supportive, down-to-earth, pioneering, and efficient candidates to grow our team's talent and enrich our culture.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. When in doubt, please apply!