About our team
We're a supportive, down-to-earth team that works closely with product designers, engineers, and product managers to discover, evaluate, and iterate on well-crafted experiences. We're fully bought into the belief that research insights fuel extraordinary experiences—at Turo there's no need to sell the value of user research, we're already devotees.
Your role and impact
You will report to our VP of Design and will plan and conduct multi-method research that answers big questions and helps shape our in-product and real-world touch-points. You will own research projects end-to-end for your team and are comfortable working closely with designers, product managers, and engineers who care deeply about creating great user experiences that deliver impact. Moreover, as the third researcher on our team, you will help us optimize our tools and process as we continually strive to improve our craft and impact.
- Conduct generative and evaluative research studies that shape product decisions
- Identify and prioritize the right research questions and maintain your research roadmap in partnership with product teams
- Sustain an informed and empathetic organization by evangelizing research insights throughout the company
- Highlight usability issues and advise your team on how to improve them
- Increase operational efficiency by contributing to the optimization of tools, processes, and workflows with the research team
- 5+ years of experience as a user researcher focused on mobile apps that have shipped to the public
- End-to-end experience with all aspects of user research (study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting)
- Excellent communication, presentation, social and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively to different audiences within Turo
- Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Design, Sociology, Psychology, Anthropology or related field, or equivalent practical experience
- Competitive salary and equity for all full-time employees
- Employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance and 401k match
- Flexible paid time off, 9 paid holidays, paid volunteer time off, and paid parental leave
- Turo host matching and vehicle reimbursement program
- Monthly Fringe benefits stipend
- Monthly Turo travel credit
Turo is the world’s largest car-sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, and the UK. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership. A pioneer of the sharing economy and the travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community where the car you book is part of a story, not a fleet. Discover Turo at https://turo.com, the App Store, and Google Play, and check out our blog, Field Notes.
Turo has raised $450M to date from top-tier investors, including IAC, Daimler AG, Kleiner Perkins, GV, Canaan Partners, August Capital, and Shasta Ventures.
Turo cultivates a tight-knit team of smart, critical thinkers who care about their work and their colleagues. Our recruiting team is always on the lookout for supportive, down-to-earth, pioneering, and efficient candidates to grow our team's talent and enrich our culture.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. When in doubt, please apply!