Join Turo UK as a Trust & Safety Agent supporting our vibrant collection of car owners and travelers who inspire and fuel us every day. You will be responsible for executing processes critical to ensuring the safety and security of the Turo marketplace as well as supporting the Customer Support team with guest verification.
You will respond to, investigate, and resolve assigned risk-related cases including fraudulent activity, missing vehicles, and any other issues that affect safety. We look for candidates with superb judgment, strong interview and communication skills, and a desire to help us build robust Trust & Safety and verification processes for the UK team.
You will work closely with our UK Customer Support and Claims teams as well as the US Trust & Safety team.
**This is not a remote-only role, though we are currently working from home due to covid**
Role & Responsibilities
- Proudly be the UK Trust & Safety liaison for escalations from customer support, claims, leadership, and law enforcement
- Provide outstanding support to the valued members of the Turo community in the UK
- Carry out Guest verification on a daily basis and contribute feedback on how to refine the process
- Develop a deep understanding of the verification process including risk signals, review user accounts and transactions, identify fraud and other high-risk activity consistently
- Independently manage and prioritise assigned caseload from start to finish with excellent follow-through
- Complete detailed investigations and execute the appropriate strategy for each case type; lead interviews with suspects and victims
- Coordinate all communications and instructions with external investigation partners
- Communicate case developments, trends, and other insights to team and management to drive continuous improvement
- Work with and foster relationships with a valued network of law enforcement, external partners and investigators
- Investigations or Fraud & Risk Management experience desirable
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, drive and embrace change, strong ability to prioritise
- Willing to work out of hours, commitment to high responsiveness and availability
- Superb and dynamic communication, interpersonal, and investigative skills
- Can quickly adapt to new technology and systems: experience with Zendesk, CRM systems, Google Docs. Mac expertise is a plus.
- You are a team player with a positive mental attitude, high energy, high integrity, strong work ethic, enthusiasm and a commitment to the mission
- Competitive salary and equity for all full-time employees
- Flexible working from home
- Employer paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off, paid holidays, paid volunteer time off, and paid parental leave
- Turo host matching and vehicle reimbursement program
- Turo travel credit every month
Turo is the world’s largest peer-to-peer car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, and the UK. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership. A pioneer of the sharing economy and the travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community where the car you book is part of a story, not a fleet. Discover Turo at https://turo.com, the App Store, and Google Play, and check out our blog, Field Notes.
Turo has raised $450M to date from top-tier investors, including IAC, Daimler AG, Kleiner Perkins, GV, Canaan Partners, August Capital, and Shasta Ventures.
Turo cultivates a tight-knit team of smart, critical thinkers who care about their work and their colleagues. Our recruiting team is always on the lookout for supportive, down-to-earth, pioneering, and efficient candidates to grow our team's talent and enrich our culture.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. When in doubt, please apply!