We’re looking for a seasoned Senior Copywriter and content marketer with strong B2B experience who knows how to create crisp, approachable, and action-driving content. Short form, long form, and everything in between, the Senior Copywriter will own all editorial executions for host content, collaborating closely with marketing managers, designers, and leadership to create best-in-class content marketing ecosystems and collateral.
This role represents a rich opportunity to join a small-but-mighty brand creative team and help us build and sculpt the evolving Turo brand. The mandate for this role’s output is a blend of B2B & B2C styling — the host audience can be characterized as both business-savvy entrepreneurs and everyday consumers, so a mind for business concepts, and the ability to distill complicated concepts into down-to-earth, approachable language is key. You’ll work on projects like host testimonial profiles, onboarding content, white papers, case studies, P&L worksheets, and more.
The ideal candidate is a grammatical ninja with an eye for simplicity with sparkle. They understand the nuances of content hierarchy, customer-centric messaging philosophies, branding, user experience, and content dissemination strategies. The ideal candidate thinks critically and strategically about copy and content. They have an extraordinary eye for detail, and are a champion for conventional consistency. They are not only an exceptional writer, but also an expert collaborator who can deftly navigate working with stakeholders across the organization (marketing, product, design, operations, business development, executive management) to deliver on-message, strategically sharp content deliverables. Last but not least, they are a smart, kind, creative, mindful person who can help us elevate our brand and our team to new heights.
Please note: A writing portfolio is required for consideration for this role.
- Mastermind and execute on host-focused copy and content marketing initiatives (engagement, acquisition, retention content, including emails, landing pages, blog features, whitepapers, case studies, ads, and more)
- Execute product marketing campaigns to drive adoption and buzz (emails, push notifications, landing pages, etc.), collaborating closely with Host Marketing and Product
- Work in-product on UI copy as occasion arises, leveraging the lexicon and styleguide to promote consistent language across the entire experience
- Proofread/edit marketing materials or written collateral by other writers or external bloggers
- Project manage creative projects, helping to traffic work through stakeholder approvals and to completion
- Help develop, define, and refine the Turo voice for hosts
- Help maintain our internal lexicon and editorial style guide
- Iteratively improve the Turo brand and product experience through copy testing and optimization
- Help overcome usability obstacles in the product through copy, collaborating closely with product managers, designers, and researchers
- BA in a relevant field (English, Humanities, Advertising, etc.)
- 5+ years of copywriting experience developing business-, financial-, and/or automotive-related content
- Expert writer, editor, and proofreader, with experience in online marketplaces or tech platforms
- Strong command of business, entrepreneurship, and financial concepts
- Interest and/or experience in automotive, mobility, the sharing economy, and/or online marketplaces strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to distill complex concepts into simple, approachable, human language
- Content marketing knowledge — thinking beyond the words and into the channels, the audience, the projected impact, and setting up KPIs for successful content creation and delivery
- Demonstrated knowledge and appreciation of style guides and brand guide usage
- Holistic, detail-oriented approach to writing & editing — Able to proofread, QA thoroughly
- A strong, diverse portfolio of work, including long-form and short-form copy, marketing examples, and ideally an example of UI writing
- Confident, well spoken thought partner who can easily establish relationships and collaborate with thought partners across the org
- Quick and adaptable learning style
- Competitive salary and equity for all full-time employees
- Employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance and 401k match
- Flexible paid time off, 9 paid holidays, paid volunteer time off, and paid parental leave
- Turo host matching and vehicle reimbursement program
- Monthly Fringe benefits stipend
- Monthly Turo travel credit
Turo is the world’s largest car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, and the UK. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership. A pioneer of the sharing economy and the travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community where the car you book is part of a story, not a fleet. Discover Turo at https://turo.com, the App Store, and Google Play, and check out our blog, Field Notes.
Turo has raised $500M to date from top-tier investors, including IAC, Daimler AG, Kleiner Perkins, GV, Canaan Partners, August Capital, and Shasta Ventures.
Turo cultivates a tight-knit team of smart, critical thinkers who care about their work and their colleagues. Our recruiting team is always on the lookout for supportive, down-to-earth, pioneering, and efficient candidates to grow our team's talent and enrich our culture.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. When in doubt, please apply!