Turo is searching for a highly motivated and versatile IT Systems Engineer superstar, to join our growing IT organization. Under the guidance of the IT Director, you will ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the internal enterprise information systems that support core organizational functions. This is achieved by monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all networked software and associated operating systems. The Systems Engineer will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments. As a key member of the IT organization, you will have the opportunity to help shape the future of Turo ITOps. If you’re passionate about technology and enjoy assisting others in solving their issues, we’d like to chat!
- Provide tier 3 escalated support to internal users globally, w/ a customer-oriented approach
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including system administration and network configurations
- Monitor enterprise systems and networks for issues and vulnerabilities and investigate security incidents when they occur based on established policies and protocols.
- Install security measures, authentication protocols, hardware, and software to protect systems and infrastructure, including firewalls and data encryption programs.
- Own and maintain core enterprise technology stack such as email, communications & collaboration tools, A/V, network infrastructure, MDM, endpoint protection, Identity & access management, content management and other SaaSOps tools.
- Patch Management – Build automation to ensure timely system and OS updates
- Design and deploy new applications and enhancements to existing applications, software, and operating systems.
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions.
- Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Design and perform server and security audits, system backup procedures, and other recovery processes in accordance with the company’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records.
- Verify the security procedures and systems of our third-party vendors and collaborate with them to meet security and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Stay up to date on emerging information technology trends and security standards.
- Track computer system issues through to resolution, within the SLA
Requirements and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Science and/or relevant industry certifications/experience.
- 3+ years of experience as a Systems Engineer
- 7+ years of proven experience as an IT professional, working in various roles: Technical Support Engineer, Systems Administrator, Systems Engineer or similar roles
- Experience with Mac, Linux, and Windows environments
- Proficiency in advanced firewall & network infrastructure technology such as Cisco Meraki or others.
- Deep knowledge on networking and security protocols such as TCP/IP, VLANS, IPSEC, DNS, DHCP, SSL, VPN, etc.
- Experience monitoring network traffic to detect potential threats and then responding to those threats promptly
- Experience with computer and patch management MDM systems such as JAMF, Fleetsmith, etc.
- Proficiency in scripting & automation languages such as Python, Bash Scripting, SQL, etc.
- Experience with SaaSOps tools such as Bettercloud
- Experience designing and managing Identity Management and SSO technologies (Okta preferred)
- Hands-on experience with Video Conferencing systems (Zoom) and other communication tools
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot advanced technical and networking issues
- Deep knowledge with JIRA service desk software
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
- Exposure on security audits such as ISO 27001, GDPR, SOC2, SOX etc. is a plus
- Effective analytical abilities and an affinity for attention to detail that can be used to evaluate an organization’s needs and implement solutions
- The proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision and ability to perform and oversee complex tasks and prioritize multiple tasks based on overall strategic goals
- The capability to interface with multiple levels of the organization and to serve as an influencer and a team player
- Strong presentation, facilitation, and written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to be on-call beyond normal business hours and on weekends
- Certifications - CompTIA A+, Network +, CCNA, MCSE, or similar certifications
- Competitive salary and equity for all full-time employees
- Employer paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off, paid holidays, paid volunteer time off, and paid parental leave
- Kitchen with fully-stocked snacks and drinks
- Company-sponsored happy hours and team events
- Turo host matching and vehicle reimbursement program
Turo is the world’s largest car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, the UK, and Germany. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership. A pioneer of the sharing economy and the travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community where the car you book is part of a story, not a fleet. Discover Turo at https://turo.com, the App Store, and Google Play, and check out our blog, Field Notes.
Turo has raised $450M to date from top-tier investors, including IAC, Daimler AG, Kleiner Perkins, GV, Canaan Partners, August Capital, and Shasta Ventures.
Turo cultivates a tight-knit team of smart, critical thinkers who care about their work and their colleagues. Our recruiting team is always on the lookout for supportive, down-to-earth, pioneering, and efficient candidates to grow our team's talent and enrich our culture.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. When in doubt, please apply!