We are looking for a highly driven Senior Analyst to join Turo’s tax team. This position includes a range of tax-related functions mostly associated with indirect tax compliance, airport fees reporting, development, and implementation of taxability tools and tax impact analysis of ongoing projects. As a member of Turo’s tax team, you will be at the forefront of a rapidly expanding global organization. The ideal candidate for this position will have a strong understanding of general tax principles, indirect tax experience, excellent technical and communication skills, and the ability to partner effectively across business functions. With your passion for teamwork and proactive style, you will make significant contributions to every aspect of our tax function, managing and facilitating Turo’s phenomenal growth rate.
- Participate in all aspects of US indirect tax compliance and airport fee reporting, including timely filing of information returns and remittance of airport fees and periodic indirect tax returns
- Maintain and monitor compliance calendar to stay on abreast of all deadlines
- Perform monthly account reconciliations & create indirect tax true ups for financial accounting purposes
- Support local indirect tax audits by researching and collecting data as well as coordinating with auditors and internal personnel
- Assist with the implementation of the compliance tool in new jurisdictions
- Assist in tax planning initiatives, including nexus and taxability analysis
- Research, quantify, and document tax positions and strategies
- Develop a detailed understanding of airport regulations and communicate it with cross-functional teams
- Work with cross-functional teams within finance and as business partners with other operational areas to implement any new airport requirements
- Other tax projects as required or needed
- 3+ years of overall experience, including two years of indirect tax compliance experience. Experience working with airport fees is strongly preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Tax, or related field. CPA a plus
- Strong technical skills on indirect tax matters
- Working knowledge of OneSource and NetSuite or similar software
- Tax research and writing skills, knowledge of Checkpoint a plus
- Ability to collaborate and work with a diverse team across functional and business boundaries
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical skills with extreme attention to detail
- Self-motivation and drive, ability to work independently with a passion for teamwork, very strong documentation skills
- Ability to shrewdly identify problems and apply strong problem-solving skills to obtain resolution
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, adapting rapidly when priorities and deadlines shift
- Competitive salary and equity for all full-time employees
- Employer paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off, paid holidays, paid volunteer time off, and paid parental leave
- Weekly catered lunch with a fully-stocked kitchen
- Company-sponsored happy hours and team events
- Turo host matching and vehicle reimbursement program
- Turo travel credit every month
Turo is the world’s largest peer-to-peer car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, the UK, and Germany. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership. A pioneer of the sharing economy and the travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community where the car you book is part of a story, not a fleet. Discover Turo at https://turo.com, the App Store, and Google Play, and check out our blog, Field Notes.
Turo has raised $450M to date from top-tier investors, including IAC, Daimler AG, Kleiner Perkins, GV, Canaan Partners, August Capital, and Shasta Ventures.
Turo cultivates a tight-knit team of smart, critical thinkers who care about their work and their colleagues. Our recruiting team is always on the lookout for supportive, down-to-earth, pioneering, and efficient candidates to grow our team's talent and enrich our culture.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. When in doubt, please apply!