We have a strong commitment to building a diverse team. If you’re from a background that’s underrepresented in tech, we’d particularly love to meet you.
We believe cohesive, thoughtful design is the tie that binds our products, services, and touch-points together and is central to Turo's mission of putting the world's 1.5+ billion cars to better use.
About Our Team
We're a supportive, down-to-earth team of designers who work closely with researchers, data analysts, product managers, engineers, and other cross-functional peers to ideate, evaluate, and iterate on well-crafted user experiences. We're fully committed to the belief that design fuels outstanding experiences—at Turo, there's no need to sell the value of design, we're already devotees.
Your Role And Impact
You will collaborate with cross-functional peers to devise novel solutions to tough user experience and business challenges. As the voice of Design within your team, you will first and foremost focus on crafting polished user experiences but have the pragmatism and business awareness to help negotiate tradeoffs that result in positive outcomes. Designing at Turo requires an aptitude for validating ideas through Research and Data for each project, often starting with purposefully bite-sized designs that are aimed at expediting our learning and helping us validate our hypotheses as efficiently as possible. You’ll approach things systemically and are skilled at moving swiftly while maintaining a high bar for the user experience.
- Collaborate with cross-functional peers to understand user problems and business challenges and devise simple and elegantly designed solutions
- Be an influential expert across the full range of Design, from problem definition to asset delivery
- Deliver polished, delightful and effective UI for our iOS, Android and Web platforms
- Help your team resolve competing priorities in a way that maximizes impact
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers to continually raise our bar for quality
- Design systemically and contribute back to our shared design libraries
- 5+ years of experience designing mobile products that have shipped to the public
- A portfolio of your design work with stories of how your contributions led to quantifiable improvements
- A user-centered approach to designing software for people
- Good judgment and self-direction
- A collaborative, low-ego approach to working with others
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent practical work experience in Design
- Competitive salary and equity for all full-time employees
- Employer paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off, paid holidays, paid volunteer time off, and paid parental leave
- Weekly catered lunch with a fully-stocked kitchen
- Company-sponsored happy hours and team events
- Turo host matching and vehicle reimbursement program
- Turo travel credit every month
Turo is the world’s largest car-sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, and the UK. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership. A pioneer of the sharing economy and the travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community where the car you book is part of a story, not a fleet. Discover Turo at https://turo.com, the App Store, and Google Play, and check out our blog, Field Notes.
Turo has raised $450M to date from top-tier investors, including IAC, Daimler AG, Kleiner Perkins, GV, Canaan Partners, August Capital, and Shasta Ventures.
Turo cultivates a tight-knit team of smart, critical thinkers who care about their work and their colleagues. Our recruiting team is always on the lookout for supportive, down-to-earth, pioneering, and efficient candidates to grow our team's talent and enrich our culture.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. When in doubt, please apply!