We are looking for brilliant software engineers for our team. You should have a passion for consumer products and want to help us achieve our goal of bringing Turo to everyone. We ship code daily, A/B test extensively, and have a primary role in experimenting with new ideas from inception to implementation. There’s much to do, and you’ll be responsible for making some real cool stuff happen.
Do you love Android? From booking your next trip to picking up a car, we build our Android app so it is integral to the Turo experience. Be a member of a small team of talented engineers and play a major role in shaping an exciting app that’s changing how people travel and think about car ownership.
What you'll do
- You will be using the latest technologies to help us deliver a first class Android experience.
- You will collaborate extensively with product managers, designers, and engineers to develop product features that drive our metrics.
- You will produce high-quality maintainable code, test it, collaboratively review it and ship it.
- You will identify areas to improve and scale our architecture and application design.
- Ensure proper technical design and documentation.
- Work efficiently in a constantly changing and growing environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are desired.
- You love developing Android apps and possess real passion for the platform.
- You have 4+ years experience shipping Android apps available on Google Play.
- You are fluent in Kotlin and have deep knowledge of the Android SDK.
- You are well versed in Clean Architecture, MVI, and Solid principles.
- You have an understanding of reactive programming.
- You are a strong communicator. Explaining complex technical concepts to our designers, support staff, and engineers is no problem for you.
- You enjoy solving problems and helping others meet our goals.
Bonus points if
- You have a track-record of shipping features which created an impact.
- You have experience writing UI tests using Espresso.
- You are passionate about writing applications using Kotlin and Dagger 2.
- You have exposure to growth levers such as SEO, user acquisition, activation, funnel optimization and social engagement.
- You have contributed to open source projects.
- Competitive salary and equity for all full-time employees
- Employer paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off, paid holidays, paid volunteer time off, and paid parental leave
- Weekly catered lunch with a fully-stocked kitchen
- Company-sponsored happy hours and team events
- Turo host matching and vehicle reimbursement program
- Turo travel credit every month
Turo is a car sharing marketplace where travelers can book any car they want, wherever they want it, from a nationwide community of local car owners. Our mission is to reinvent the travel experience and put the world’s one billion cars to better use.
We’ve grown the business by over ten times in the past two years and raised over $200 million from investors like Daimler, SK Holdings, KPCB, Google Ventures, August Capital and Shasta Ventures.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.