You are a creative and rigorous data scientist with 3+ years of experience, excited to solve meaningful business problems. You are comfortable with a range of statistical and machine learning techniques with the ability to creatively apply them to our problems. Modeling is your thing, you are proficient in translating unstructured business problems into mathematical frameworks, and propose scalable solutions.
You have a passion for consumer products, shipping code, and data focused experiments. You are excited to play a key role in crafting the product from inception to implementation and beyond.
- Work closely with engineers, product managers and other data scientists to develop algorithms and drive key product and modeling decisions.
- Lead the end-to-end process of conceptualizing, developing, deploying, and analyzing models.
- Present your insights and suggestions to audiences of all levels in the company.
- Dedicatedly perform explorations of data and algorithms to improve our models.
- Own the data quality of your projects including training, test and experiment data.
- Research the best metrics; design and validate experiments to measure model performance.
- Mentor junior team members to help them elevate to the next level.
- Deep understanding of mathematical methods in statistics, optimization, and machine learning. Demonstrable experience applying these methods to real world prediction problems (classification, regression, recommendation systems, time series).
- Strongly self-motivated with a keen eye for detail. A natural desire to learn and innovate with like-minded colleagues.
- Fluent in a production-ready programming language such as Python. Ability to deploy and scale models into a production environment collaborating with engineers.
- Fluent in common data science tools (e.g. scikit-learn, numpy, pandas) in Python/R (preferred).
- Fluent in SQL, ability to efficiently query large datasets.
- Experience in experiment design and analysis, experience in bayesian inference is a plus.
- Experience with AWS data warehouses and services, as well as ETL frameworks such as Airflow.
- Competitive salary and equity for all full-time employees
- Employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance and 401k match
- Flexible paid time off, 9 paid holidays, paid volunteer time off, and paid parental leave
- Turo host matching and vehicle reimbursement program
- Monthly Fringe benefits stipend
- Monthly Turo travel credit
Turo is the world’s largest car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, and the UK. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership. A pioneer of the sharing economy and the travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community where the car you book is part of a story, not a fleet. Discover Turo at https://turo.com, the App Store, and Google Play, and check out our blog, Field Notes.
Turo has raised $500M to date from top-tier investors, including IAC, Daimler AG, Kleiner Perkins, GV, Canaan Partners, August Capital, and Shasta Ventures.
Turo cultivates a tight-knit team of smart, critical thinkers who care about their work and their colleagues. Our recruiting team is always on the lookout for supportive, down-to-earth, pioneering, and efficient candidates to grow our team's talent and enrich our culture.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. When in doubt, please apply!