We’re looking for a detail-oriented, deeply curious, and fast-working Training Specialist to join our Arizona team. You’ll design and update both online and instructor-led trainings for our base of 450+ in house and outsourced customer support agents to help them deliver an excellent customer experience to our Guests and Hosts. You’ll collaborate closely with several departments across the company, including our Customer Support, Verification, Trust and Safety, Claims, and Sales teams. This role reports to the Training Manager in San Francisco, CA
As a member of the Turo Training team, you’ll partner with our department managers to design highly engaging, interactive training that enables their customer support agents to perform their duties confidently and efficiently. You’re the kind of person who loves figuring out how to make a gnarly process seem simple and easy to learn. You’ll spend approximately 80 to 90% of your time updating and/or creating training materials and 10 to 20% facilitating. If you have experience facilitating workshops, trainings, and/or courses and you’re passionate about creating learner-centered trainings - we want to hear from you!
- Become a Turo product expert
- Update training materials to reflect latest policy, process, and/or product changes
- Help with the administration of our LMS
- Design, develop, and update training materials for a blended learning approach
- Partner with department managers to align training materials with support articles, and with latest policy, process, and/or product changes
- Collaborate with outsourced trainers to design and/or update online and ILT trainings for new and tenured agents
- Collaborate with peer Training Specialists; give and receive constructive feedback
- Help the training team grow and scale by evaluating new approaches to how we work
- Analyze the effectiveness of trainings and help drive impactful changes to processes and/or training materials
- Occasionally facilitate in-person and/or remote trainings for internal and outsourced teams
- At least one year of instructional design experience building interactive trainings for both online and ILT formats
- Experience with online learning tools, such as Articulate360 and Camtasia, strongly preferred
- At least one year of experience delivering trainings (preferably for a Customer Support role, but not mandatory), workshops, and/or courses
- Exceptional time management with proven ability to deliver quality materials against tight deadlines
- Unflappable calm in the face of frequent changes to requests, deadlines, and priorities
- Team player who can communicate and collaborate effectively with others; provide compassionate, constructive feedback to colleagues; pitch in and proactively help colleagues whenever possible
- Strong visual design skills with a passion for creating great learning experiences
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
- Able and willing to travel to training events if needed
- Competitive salary and equity for all full-time employees
- Employer paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off, paid holidays, paid volunteer time off, and paid parental leave
- Weekly catered lunch with a fully-stocked kitchen
- Company-sponsored happy hours and team events
- Turo host matching and vehicle reimbursement program
- Turo travel credit every month
Turo is the world’s largest car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, the UK, and Germany. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership. A pioneer of the sharing economy and the travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community where the car you book is part of a story, not a fleet. Discover Turo at https://turo.com, the App Store, and Google Play, and check out our blog, Field Notes.
Turo has raised $450M to date from top-tier investors, including IAC, Daimler AG, Kleiner Perkins, GV, Canaan Partners, August Capital, and Shasta Ventures.
Turo cultivates a tight-knit team of smart, critical thinkers who care about their work and their colleagues. Our recruiting team is always on the lookout for supportive, down-to-earth, pioneering, and efficient candidates to grow our team's talent and enrich our culture.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. When in doubt, please apply!