Turo is expanding our Government Relations program and seeks a talented and experienced Government Relations & Legislative Counsel professional to help shape public policy in the peer-to-peer car sharing space. While initial focus is on U.S. government relations at the Local, State and Federal level, this professional will also support our international business growth. This is an incredible opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and contribute to shaping global public policy in the car sharing space.
- Drive Turo’s objectives relating state and potentially federal government relations.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key legislators, organizations, committees and programs that impact Turo operations.
- Draw on existing experience to develop and execute jurisdiction-specific strategies to promote concept of car-sharing while defeating efforts by incumbents to slow or inhibit our growth.
- Monitor all legislative and regulatory activities with impact on Turo, and develop engagement, inoculation and education plans to address each one.
- Contribute content to Turo grassroots website OpenRoad.
- Respond to inquiries from and manage relationships with airports.
- Review legislation and draft amendments
- Represent Turo in meetings, panel discussions, and group meetings in locations across North America.
- Draft correspondence and collateral material for public use.
- 6+ years professional Government Relations experience in private sector company, high tech or platform business experience preferred.
- Direct government relations experience with focus on 50 states and local jurisdictions.
- Some familiarity with international government relations and politics is desired.
- Strong organizational and communications skills including executive presence, public speaking, and writing is required.
- Bachelor’s degree & Juris Doctor degree.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, collaborative, and succeed in fluid startup environment is critical.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Employer paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Apple equipment
- Four weeks paid time off, 10 paid holidays, volunteer time off, parental leave
- Weekly catered lunch
- Company-sponsored happy hours and team events
- Turo owner matching and vehicle reimbursement program
- Turo travel credit every month
Turo is the world’s largest car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, the UK, and Germany. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership. A pioneer of the sharing economy and the travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community where the car you book is part of a story, not a fleet. Discover Turo at https://turo.com, the App Store, and Google Play, and check out our blog, Field Notes.
Turo has raised $450M to date from top-tier investors, including IAC, Daimler AG, Kleiner Perkins, GV, Canaan Partners, August Capital, and Shasta Ventures.
Turo cultivates a tight-knit team of smart, critical thinkers who care about their work and their colleagues. Our recruiting team is always on the lookout for supportive, down-to-earth, pioneering, and efficient candidates to grow our team's talent and enrich our culture.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. When in doubt, please apply!